Is there a single credible fighter in Conor's weight range that you feel he's a lock to beat?

Conor's chances of winning tank midway through the second round. You really think he'll get Max out of there beforehand? I think by the third round Holloway is one of the scariest fighters he can fight and will batter him senselessly.

Conor's biggest problem beyond the leg break is virtually any legit fighter can train to exploit the fact that he's only dangerous in the first 8 minutes of a fight.

Meh went five with Nate you can go five with Max he went three with Max before

Max may not TKO him with power shots but he would by volume. Do you really think Conor would want to fight Max's fight for 25 minutes? Max would be in his face the whole time outworking him, Conor wouldn't be allowed to fight at his own pace & run laps the way Nate Diaz let him conserve energy.

opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif

Nate is way better boxer than Holloway, especially without huge reach disadvantage.

Nate isnt elite in his weight class, but thats not due to his boxing.

Surprisingly he may match up well against Olivera. Olivera by sub is possible but Khabib did not easily take Conor down, and he is a more elite wrestler.

I always thought he (shockingly) matched up well vs Tony. Even more so now

I could see Conor styling on Jim Miller, Bobby Green, or Alex Morono. Those are all respectable wins and favorable match ups for Conor.
I'd like to see Bobby vs Conor

Dan Hooker
I honestly think Hooker is a nightmare matchup for Conor.
He's big, can switch stances, throws tons of calf kicks, has decent cardio, good chin, tough as shit, and can wrestle pretty well when he wants to.

I would give 80/20 odds to Hooker in that bout.

The thread title is an oxymoron...
You can't have a "Credible Fighter" that Conner is a "Lock To Beat" if that were the case they wouldn't be Credible would they? the inverse is true as well... Connor can land the left yet again and win the match so saying someone is a lock to beat him doesn't really work. So who is Connor a lock to beat? CM Punk comes to mind... But is CM Punk a Credible Fighter? At this level No not really...

I'm not gonna say a "lock", cause nobody is really a lock to beat anyone.

But I think he has a decent chance of beating Tony at this point, given the way he's looked his past few fights. I agree that it would be very unlikely that Conor would beat any of the top 155ers in their prime currently.
Tony? You can't be serious.. When have you seen Tony to crumble in the first two rounds? He took all the shots from Gaethje even after he could barely stand and wasn't protecting himself.. He would drown Conor to the point where Conor would just give standing. Tony is no Nate who has zero killer instinct... Tony will survive the first two rounds and murder Conor easily in the later rounds..

Tony Ferguson

I'd take McNugget over Nate Diaz, as at least Connor will try to win

Bobby Green I think Connor could beat if he stayed looser than he's shown lately and avoids the power

hes coming for ngannou <{silvanormal}>190 lbs of granite, titanium shin, proper 12 in his back pocket
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

RIP FRANCIS
<mma1>

Yes if Ngannou had to cut down to 190lbs I’d probably pick Conor lol

someone outside of the top 10 who the ufc will tell us is a threat and is fanboys will eat it up.

i wouldnt be surprised if he never won another fight or even competed again for that matter

I mean honestly. Michael Chandlers just bleed shit would get him KTFO against Conor. It's a bad match-up.

Back