Is there any point in buying a high end graphics card?

Lol at buying $600 just to run the same graphics at higher resolution

4k, 1080p, it doesnt matter lol

Fun fact: Star Wars Episode 3 was filmed at 2K resolution. As was Avatar. Even in 2019 most big budget movies CGI is rendered at 2k resolution.

What matters to me is the lighting fx, poly counts, draw distance, etc. The actual graphics, not the display resolution.

Lol at buying $600 just to run the same graphics at higher resolution

4k, 1080p, it doesnt matter lol

Fun fact: Star Wars Episode 3 was filmed at 2K resolution. As was Avatar. Even in 2019 most big budget movies CGI is rendered at 2k resolution.

What matters to me is the lighting fx, poly counts, draw distance, etc. The actual graphics, not the display resolution.

<LikeReally5>

I'm still running a GTX 970, and I have yet to come across a game I can't completely max out. They have the GeForce 20 series out now, but I really don't see the point, since developers create games for all platforms, and anymore, most games are severely throttled back, so they don't have to make massive changes between different platforms. In short, shitty consoles with their primitive hardware, are holding graphics back big time.

So what's the point in buying new hardware for your PC? I seriously doubt the next generation of consoles will even rival a 1080 ti.

Am I off base here?
What games and monitor are you maxing out with a 970? If you're playing a shooter at 1080p and 60 Hertz, that GPU is fine.

If you're gaming at 4k(or beyond, there's 8k setups now) with anti alaising(sp?) on, running a 240 hertz+ monitor. Your card won't get you past the log in screen.

Yes. To play Doom Eternal with everything maxed out day 1. (Literally the only reason I'd upgrade in the near future hah.)

<GinJuice>