Is there anyway to watch the old Bellator events?

I work in real estate so I have seen it firsthand, if you are afraid to make ppl uncomfortable you won't sell anything. Coker reminds me of some of the new agents that just start getting into the game. He is going to say what he needs to say and if you're not buying then whatever, we'll try again with someone else tomorrow. Dana on the otherhand will scream in your face and tell you you're an idiot if you don't buy it. That's why the UFC is where it's at today.
This is exactly what it is, he is not a salesman, at all. He can run the promotion, he has all the contacts, he is great at talent relations, but he has a bitch of a time selling his product. And the product is pretty good but its not his personality to be brash and outspoken etc.

I could never be a salesman, when I used to coach soccer I hated with a passion having to fundraise. I always felt like I was inconveniencing people and felt like chump asking people to buy shit to support the team. Coker gives me the same vibes lol.

I hope Coker transitions into a VP of Talent or something like that and they replace him with someone who is more in tune with modern media and promoting. Don't know who does the scouting, but if it's Coker then he is valuable, but the man makes even Chatri seem like a mean man.
I think Coker is very valuable, just not as the figurehead and promoter of the company. I doubt he does the scouting, when they asked him about Yagshimuradov fighting Corey, he had no idea who Yagshimuradov was haha. He just said that his people recommended him. Whoever does their scouting needs to get a raise.

Unfortunately there is no hub for old fights. That is something Bellator should utilize they have a 12 year old video fight library and they never even touch it. Content is the wave nowadays. But anyhow, I think your best bet is a website like mma core which tends to have old fights.

What's amazing to me is that Bellator has held almost half as many bouts as the UFC (just under 3000 to the UFC's 6200) despite a much later start, smaller roster, etc. They've got a huge catalogue already if they could do something with it. Of course a big chunk of those is regional bums who never fought in Bellator again, but not every UFC match is a super fight either to be fair. The UFC is also missing chunks of their expanded catalogue, and not just obscure stuff either, last I looked Thomson vs Melendez 2 didn't exist on there, pretty bad that entire Strikeforce events are missing.

Any reason why he was replaced by Coker?
Bjorn wanted the weekly tournament format to remain, whereas the network wanted higher profile names and freakshow fights. The Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Dada 5000, Melvin Guillard, Josh Koshcheck, etc were all network mandated signings.
Coker's essential just a Yes-man on puppet strings.

Bjorn era Bellator was the best mma to watch at the time. The weekly tournaments had me hooked, if anybody can bring that back im in.

Unfortunately, Bellator has never worked out any way to really watch their fight library. Even the current, revised app still has very few fights to watch on it.

Unfortunately, Bellator has never worked out any way to really watch their fight library. Even the current, revised app still has very few fights to watch on it.

They should post the entire library on the YouTube channel. I’m sure they know that a Bellator subscription service like fight pass would not attract consumers. So post the fights for free and use them as a window into the product.

Bjorn wanted the weekly tournament format to remain, whereas the network wanted higher profile names and freakshow fights. The Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Dada 5000, Melvin Guillard, Josh Koshcheck, etc were all network mandated signings.
Those were shit signings from a hardcore perspective but Shamrock vs Gracie was one of the events with the highest ratings. Sucks because Bellator developed that stigma of being a retirement home for old washed up UFC fighters, and even though they are not about that anymore, it has stuck around with them.

They should post the entire library on the YouTube channel. I’m sure they know that a Bellator subscription service like fight pass would not attract consumers. So post the fights for free and use them as a window into the product.
They do actually do that, just not every single fight. There are endless fights on their YT channel as well as a bunch of full events.

There are shittons on various torrent sites. Many with no seeds tho. I did see a couple sites with 100+ vids all with seeds.

I was wondering about this the other day and found this old thread. Very informative, thanks!

Been trying to find how to watch early Bjorn era or even 2018 Bellator events but can't find anything, except 10play but don't know if I have to be Australian or having just Australian VPN is good enough.

Over the next few months, our archives at the Kaktuogi Road should have just about every Bellator event from #1 to sometime in 2018.

It was the bad press from the Eddie Alvarez situation. Eddie really made him look terrible publicly when they had their contract dispute and essentially he was going to be blackballed by the industry. Plus I remember he had visions for Bellator that didn’t align with what Viacom wanted. He wanted the tournament style and to stick with the sporting aspect but Viacom wanted what they have now in Coker. But that’s what happens when you sell a portion of your company away, you lose the autonomy of running it the way you want.
Fuck Eddie Alvarez then. I really miss the fridays Bellator tournament fights. Those were GREAT to watch.

Where the hell is Bjorn? MMA could use him at this point.

Which events are the best? I wonder about bellator, most times people only make lists about UFC
I saw some torrents earlier,i was thinking of downloading some of the best and watch

Correct me if I'm wrong, weren't those fights/fighters pushed by Kevin Kay? That guy was delusional in thinking he was the reason why the UFC was so successful on spike TV, he left in 2018 and we haven't seen anymore of the freakshow style fights anymore

Which events are the best? I wonder about bellator, most times people only make lists about UFC
I saw some torrents earlier,i was thinking of downloading some of the best and watch

With Bellator it's very much about 'good fights' rather than 'good events'. Most of their events are pretty boring. Many of their hyped main event fights have been crappy.

Watch the two Alvarez vs Chandler fights. The first from November 2011 (and usually available on the YouTube channel) and the rematch from 2013 (you may have to use Google to find this).

There aren't many "classic" Bellator fights besides the Alvarez-Chandler rivalry, but most bouts involving Alvarez, Chandler, Pat Curran, Patricio Pitbull (not his brother Patrick), and the Lima-Koreshkov bouts are worth exploring.

This was said above, but I know for a fact the old Bellator's are out there in torrent land.

I don't visit them anymore due to bandwidth concerns, but there are some private torrent trackers out there that have a ton of hard to find events. All the old Bellator's, like 100GB of Shooto events, Pancrase, Strikeforce, EliteXC, etc...

This was said above, but I know for a fact the old Bellator's are out there in torrent land.

I don't visit them anymore due to bandwidth concerns, but there are some private torrent trackers out there that have a ton of hard to find events. All the old Bellator's, like 100GB of Shooto events, Pancrase, Strikeforce, EliteXC, etc...

I am using a russian site that has a Bellator 1-169 torrent compilation
There are probably others around
In this site, i also downloaded EliteXC events and Strikeforce events, pancrase and shooto are harder to find

With Bellator it's very much about 'good fights' rather than 'good events'. Most of their events are pretty boring. Many of their hyped main event fights have been crappy.

Watch the two Alvarez vs Chandler fights. The first from November 2011 (and usually available on the YouTube channel) and the rematch from 2013 (you may have to use Google to find this).

There aren't many "classic" Bellator fights besides the Alvarez-Chandler rivalry, but most bouts involving Alvarez, Chandler, Pat Curran, Patricio Pitbull (not his brother Patrick), and the Lima-Koreshkov bouts are worth exploring.

Oh, thats sucks
I remember downloading bellator 90 once and it was a great event, the main card at least

Apparently they’re accessible through Bellator.com

Back