Is this Muay Thai school a McDojo?

Everyone complaining about price lives in 3rd world countries

Gym looks good to me

Most people who replied in this thread are from UK, Northern Europe, Australia, USA etc. You need to revisit your definition of third world countries.

You don't have to be poor to have a sense of what is a rip off.

I train In Virginia too and that price looks fine to me for a BJJ/ MT gym.

I assume gym owners in Europe/ Aus make most of their money from a percentage of fighter winnings and ticket sales?

I train In Virginia too and that price looks fine to me for a BJJ/ MT gym.

I assume gym owners in Europe/ Aus make most of their money from a percentage of fighter winnings and ticket sales?
I think most gyms in europe are non profit associations

I think most gyms in europe are non profit associations

Or they might get some financial backing from the region, sports associations or government.

I'd expect American gyms to try and make as much money as possible too, they're much more a business in that sense.

I live in the country so there are very few martial art schools and even fewer MT gyms. This is the only one around. I mean, it’s not like I have a choice.

Yes. I live in US also. That price is about right. Of course, larger cities with more competition get cheaper.

Most people who replied in this thread are from UK, Northern Europe, Australia, USA etc. You need to revisit your definition of third world countries.

You don't have to be poor to have a sense of what is a rip off.
Was a joke bruh

Okay. Thanks for looking! I just called them on the phone and they said the monthly rate can range from $129-$139. Does that sound right?

No it doesn't sound right. I trained Muay Thai for $80 a month (as many classes as I wanted) with access to weight room and boxing classes.

Back