Is this proof Reyes won 3-2 ?

Is it ?

• Total voters
He landed more in the first 3 rounds for sure...

But he did not land better in the 2nd round.

Dude, were you watching the fight drunk? Reyes literally made Jon run from his punches and backed him against the fence after landing the most significant strikes of the round. Jon was the only one in that round showing ANY sign of being hurt by anything. Jon didn't land anything that immediately invalidates Reyes number of strikes. Zero.

yes, that is exactly how mma works

Still not necessarily. Count each significant strike on its own merit. If it looks like you're landing the harder shots, then your 16 landed can be better than the opponent's 17.
And when the count is 33-22 and the guy that landed 33 had the best strike in the round?

And when the count is 33-22 and the guy that landed 33 had the best strike in the round?
They more than likely won it, but still not necessarily. All strikes count. Add them all up for comparison. Maybe the guy that landed 22 landed the 2nd-8th best strikes.

They more than likely won it, but still not necessarily. All strikes count. Add them all up for comparison. Maybe the guy that landed 22 landed the 2nd-8th best strikes.
Or considering this fight, maybe he didn't

I really don't think jones did anything the first 3 rounds and rounds 4-5 didn't impress me enough to make those push me over the edge. Reyes gassed later.

no. you can't use only numbers to determine who won a fight. This has been known by anyone with a brain for a long time.

That the guy that landed the 22 strikes, Jones, didn't landed the 2-8 best strikes.
No, he probably didn't.

He might have landed the best strikes in the round if you add them all up though.

By that standard Joanna beat Rose in their second fight 5-0, and I bet you were saying that Thiago beat Jon despite the fact that he was outstruck in four out of five rounds.

Reyes also threw the harder shots particularly going after Jones liver. Reyes absolutely won the first 3 rounds and lost the last 2 IMO.

I agree with you about this fight. My point is that fight metrics cant be used as proof when talking about who wins fights in general, yknowww

Landing more significant strikes doesn’t necessarily mean you win the round.
If there is no effective grappling (and there was none) then I do think that landing more significant strikes is what wins you the round.

If there is no effective grappling (and there was none) then I do think that landing more significant strikes is what wins you the round.

The main criteria is actually “clean and effective striking” not total number of strikes landed...

While Reyes outlanded Jones and was the busier fighter in the 2nd round, the strikes landed by Jones were the more effective strikes...

Jones landed strikes that were intended to hurt Reyes, while the strikes Reyes threw were just to stay busy and score points.

I did give the 3rd to Reyes because he settled down and put more on his strikes, instead of simply shoeshining.

The main criteria is actually “clean and effective striking” not total number of strikes landed...

While Reyes outlanded Jones and was the busier fighter in the 2nd round, the strikes landed by Jones were the more effective strikes...

Jones landed strikes that were intended to hurt Reyes, while the strikes Reyes threw were just to stay busy and score points.

I did give the 3rd to Reyes because he settled down and put more on his strikes, instead of simply shoeshining.
"strikes landed by Jones were the more effective strikes"
How do you measure that?
There were no knockdowns.

Back