Media Is this why Alex Pereira hits so hard? - Firas Zahabi on Alex Pereira

Firas is overrated af because of Rogan

Shovel hook is more of an uppercut motion sir.

Alex' punch against Jamahal was in fact a shovel hook, not Mexican hook.

Also, while the pointer-finger knuckle is not aligned with the wrist bone, the middle-finger knuckle is directly aligned with the thicker of the two wrist bones (the radius), which is more massive than the outer wrist bone (the ulna), with which the pinky-knuckle is aligned.

So I agree and disagree.

Bro needs like half the length of this and pictures/infographics ting tough to watch and my guy's face is boring to look at all due respect to him tho 💯🚫🐄🐮

I think that Pareira is a bit like Wilder in that what looks like a graze on a non critical area leaves the guy consciousless on the floor as if he got shot in the head.

WHile that last punch was like that, typically Pereira doesn t do that. He hits without too much acceleration with perfect alignment and weight transfer and what looks like a small punch is like a piston and transfers a fuck ton of power without too much velocity.

Some of you may laugh at me for saying that but i feel like Pereira s 1 2 3 during his entrance displays these qualities. It's slow but it looks like it could crack open a door.

Poatan throws a shovel hook or “Mexican hook” which is sort of inbetween a hook and uppercut, and it has a little bit more range than a normal hook

He hit Jamahal with the pinky knuckle which many would say is incorrect but Firaz quotes Jack Dempsey in explaining that the pinky runs linear with your forearm and so hitting with it can generate more power than the front knuckles
damn , that makes sense tho

I remember when I broke both left and right hands (different occasions) landing big punches with the pinkies (not cause I wanted to, but how they landed). Both dropped my opponents but my hand was fked up as well. Not wearing gloves helped ofc, but the theory may be right.

silva-weidman.gif

Would this count as a Mexican hook? :eek:
Still can't believe Andy got flatlined by that where he used to take absolute bombs on the chin for years. Well... Maybe that's why.

Still can't believe Andy got flatlined by that where he used to take absolute bombs on the chin for years. Well... Maybe that's why.
What a time to be a fight fan it was ;)

Some of you may laugh at me for saying that but i feel like Pereira s 1 2 3 during his entrance displays these qualities. It's slow but it looks like it could crack open a door.

You're not crazy for thinking this. You can tell that every punch has his whole body behind it and any power leakage is negligible in comparison to the nuke that hits his opponent.

It's essentially a slow mo breakdown of how he kills people.

Last edited:

- Boxer, Jack Dempsey, wrote a book (you can find for free on the internet) and talks about how you should be punching with pinky knuckle.
- This knuckle is more supported by bones in the forearms, and a better vector for transferring force.
- Mexican hook (angle in-between an uppercut and a true hook), has better chance at landing vs opponent falling away or moving away.
- Pereira landed a Mexican hook, with pinky in this fight.
- Pereira may be best kickboxer of all-time.

What is more impressive is that he does it without much transition from the hips. It seems to be an upper body power shit

If you're going to post a video to a text based MESSAGE BOARD...

at least... cliff the point of the post.

<DisgustingHHH>

Back