Is Tom Aspinhall overrated or can he be the next he champ?

He reminds me a lot of Gane actually.

There’s a lot of similarities. Size, speed, footwork. Both seem to have a ground game as well. Toms got better boxing, gane is a better Kickboxer. will be a good couple of years before they meet though. Toms still got some unanswered questions around him and he needs to work his way to the rankings. I’ve no doubt he’ll get there though

Aspinall is fast which sets him apart from 95% of the UFC HWs.. I would not be surprised to see him get a title shot within a year as his speed is way superior to everyone else except for Gane.

Maybe he’s a little bit too small but he has all the skills to make it.
Can he make light heavy ?

he’s 6ft 5 dude. He’s not small.
he may be able to make lhw if he cuts one of his legs off

Aspinall is fast which sets him apart from 95% of the UFC HWs.. I would not be surprised to see him get a title shot within a year as his speed is way superior to everyone else except for Gane.

i don’t see it dude, based on his interview last night. He knows he’s inexperienced and he wants fights and time in the cage, over a quick title shot.
He’s young for a HW so that makes good sense. I don’t think him and his team will allow him to be rushed

He’s talented but I still think Ngannou takes his head off. Gane is on another level as well imo. And then there’s always Stipe.

Overrated can or next champ? Right now I'm feeling next champ but if he loses his next fight I'd have to reconsider

Listening to him talk he seems like a smart guy who doesn’t want the top guys too early. Called out Ivanov, that’s a good fight for him.

Maybe he’s a little bit too small but he has all the skills to make it.
Can he make light heavy ?
I would say that is his strength to be a small heavyweight or how to say. Aslong he will move well in feets he can do well

This. He just turned 28 and is already in the top 15. He doesn't rely on power, he relies on technique, IQ, and timing. And he doesn't want to rush up the division, instead he wants to accumulate experience and move up the rankings slowly which is refreshing to see. And he's a good dude.

Also his footwork. Francis only has the strength in his style.

Need to see him fight someone who just doesn't surrender immediately

His hands are so damn fast, faster than even Gane. It's crazy. It's comparable to top boxing HWs. I guanrantee if he had stayed in boxing he would've been touted as one of the prospects alongside Efe and Dubois back in 2020.

He's not as uniquely skilled as Gane but he's skilled in the fundamentals of boxing and BJJ. He's also got decent power. Aspinall's a problem. Even if he doesn't beat Ngannou or Gane it's clear he's a dangerous man and not at all overrated.

By his own words and ranking he can’t be overrated. He said he’s not ready for the top guys. he said if he’s ranked 13 he would want to fight the 12th ranked guy.
It was strange seeing a fighter being brutally honest about where his skills are in the division.

By his own words and ranking he can’t be overrated. He said he’s not ready for the top guys. he said if he’s ranked 13 he would want to fight the 12th ranked guy.
It was strange seeing a fighter being brutally honest about where his skills are in the division.
especially when his teammate is so horrifyingly deluded.

He beat the guy they put in front of him in the first round What more do you want him to do
Maybe to beat a legit HW? I mean damn, are you fucking stupid? OP clearly wants to know how legit Aspinhall is, but just beating some scrub doesn't show anything. A step up in competition will show us what we all want to know.

Plenty of time to improve. HW is a old mans division. So he has like 15 yrs to get better.

He looks maybe as fast as Gane. I think he's only 26. He's fighting for the title within two years, imo.

Looks great but I'm still not sure how he'd do against Rozen, Volkov, Blaydes etc... With Gane I felt sure he would beat those guys. Gane's kicking game really gives him an advantage in a division with dangerous counterstrikers as he can soften his opponents up with legkicks and frontkicks with minimal risk. Aspinall is more likely to get caught in a boxing exchange with someone like Rozenstruik. Still, he looks like the second best of the new breed.

Last edited:
I think his ceiling is fringe top 5. Ngannou, Gane, Blaydes all handle him fairly easily. Guys like Lewis, Volkov and Rozenstruik are harder to call.

Back