Is Topuria the most unlikable UFC champion in UFC history?

I think he missed the heyday of the Insufferable Champion Era--McGregor, Ronda, Jones, Joanna. He would have fit right in, as he is of the same mold.

Last edited:
Honestly, Nicco Montano should be the most hated "champ". Ducking and drug cheating her way into irrelevance.

McGregor. Refused to rematch Aldo, held up two divisions, attacked an old man, multiple other alleged assaults, making salacious comments about a fighters wife, Islamophobia etc etc etc.

Wow, that's a reach, even for a bitter hater.
Not really. You're just misunderstanding the context I'm talking about. I mean in terms of how he acts in relation to his MMA career, not him as a person. Jones is a much worse person obviously but I'm not talking about that. Gotta read more than the title.

The question is, who is the most unlikeable, not who is the worst person. I feel like Jones, who yeah is a bit of a scumbag, is actually a pretty well liked fighter.

If you're going for most disliked then there's bigger contenders - Izzy, Woodley, Strickland off the top of my head.

You all can hate him all you want its ok! After he defends belt few times you will become his fans and hate every other fighter who dares to say he is better than him it was same on volk

I don’t find him annoying, I think it’s hilarious when tiny men are arrogant.
It’s like… lol shut the fuck up manlet

Many unlikable UFC champs in the past, he's just annoying AF

That I can recall in recent memory, yes. He was saying none of these highly ranked guys will get a title shot, they're the old breed, etc. Then when asked about Eveloev, whom is the highest ranked of the new breed, he also said he doesn't deserve a title shot. So yea, in his mind, he shouldn't have to fight anyone other than Conor or maybe O'Malley lol. 0 title defenses but acting as if he's had 5 title defenses

I mean for stuff related to their MMA careers.

Everything is related to your career when youre in the spotlight like this. Nobody disliked tyron woodly (i had no problem with him) because of anything he did in MMA. Jones should be beloved. He's not because he's a terrible fucking person.

Reactions: HHJ
Jones gradually became unlikable over many years.

Ilia seemingly became unlikable overnight.

Facts. llias turn pro wrestling like, but I dont think it was unexpected. IMO he showed character flaws with the weird trash talking and then being super respectful in the face of Volk. People who do that generally have poor character.

All-time theres a lot of competition. But lately, for me is a tie between him and the poodle.

Honestly, I think Strickland would be pretty well-balanced and normal with a good counselor and some time.
I'm really now quite a fan of Strickland despite his obvious issues.
I also really like his walkout song which is a song from the American Civil War.

I think we need to give Topuria a bit of time. Woodley was quite unlikeable that's for sure and Uncle Dana seemed to hold quite some hatred for him.
Nicco Montaño was a fairly useless weirdo, "champ" at 125lbs for about 15mins, who constantly pulled out of fights, missed weight at 135lbs, & got her kicks by attacking verbally multiple people who had done nothing at all to her.

So far he has seemingly turned down the Volkanovski rematch, won't fight Holloway unless the BMF belt is on the line, has called out Ortega who both Volkanovski and Holloway have soundly beaten and has fought like once in the last 2-3 years. He's also asked to fight O'malley and Islam before having his first title defense.

I can't remember a champion who's been more unlikable or who's acted this entitled before. I don't know who his PR person is or manager but if I were them I would constantly be calling him and telling him to shut the hell up as he's been ruining his own reputation any and every chance he can get.
No one can touch Jones

I'm really now quite a fan of Strickland despite his obvious issues.
I also really like his walkout song which is a song from the American Civil War.

I think we need to give Topuria a bit of time. Woodley was quite unlikeable that's for sure and Uncle Dana seemed to hold quite some hatred for him.
Nicco Montaño was a fairly useless weirdo, "champ" at 125lbs for about 15mins, who constantly pulled out of fights, missed weight at 135lbs, & got her kicks by attacking verbally multiple people who had done nothing at all to her.
I have a soft spot for Woodley. Hands down one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He handled me at 19, trying to troll him in person, and just told me he hopes I'm a fan one day.

Personality wise he is up there with all the great diva cherry pickers, but his fighting style real makes up for it

Back