is Volk the FW goat now or it's still Aldo?

Volk, how is this even a question still?

unless Conor is your favorite fighter, there is no reason to artificially overinflate Aldo's accomplishments anymore when comparing him to Volk, he was a great fighter with a long win streak at a weak time of competition, not on the same level as Volk, the level of competition Volk has faced is/was so much tougher etc.

you think Aldo would've survived against Islam for 4 rounds and then came back as strong as Volk in the 5th?

1. Volk
2. Max
3. Aldo, even though he got humiliated by Conor in a way none of the above ever where

Still Aldo but there's a conversation and if you have Volk there I'm not mad about it. If he goes out and dusts topuria next go around I might be swayed

Also to me there is a difference between Greatest of all time and Best of all time.

Skill for Skill Volk is the better fighter I'll admit that. Hell skill for skill Volk might be the best fighter we've ever seen step into the cage

I have Volk #4 all time after Jones, GSP, and Khabib. If he would've beaten Islam, which I thought came down to a single punch in the 2nd round that staggered Volk, he would have a good shot at #1.

Still Aldo but there's a conversation and if you have Volk there I'm not mad about it. If he goes out and dusts topuria next go around I might be swayed

Also to me there is a difference between Greatest of all time and Best of all time.

Skill for Skill Volk is the better fighter I'll admit that. Hell skill for skill Volk might be the best fighter we've ever seen step into the cage

I think it's Conor. Conor 13sec shadow reamed him walking backwards. Volks on his way. I thought Volk was winning and Rodriguez catches him. Tbh I think he's p4p 1.

Aldo still has the resume, but in regards to skill, I think volk is the goat.

Styles make fights. Who did Volk ko in 13sec? He mostly plays paddy cake minus last night.
How many times has Colin threw a hail mary punch against a careless Aldo and ended a fight in 13 seconds? There’s a reason Colin ducked the rematch, lightening wasn’t gonna strike twice. Flukes do happen.

Aldo has not be featherweight GOAT for a long time now.
images

How many times has Colin threw a hail mary punch against a careless Aldo and ended a fight in 13 seconds? There’s a reason Colin ducked the rematch, lightening wasn’t gonna strike twice. Flukes do happen.

There's no accident in combat sport by which a punch is thrown and someone is accidentally KTFO. ALDO got slept and prime Aldo sparks Volk.

Imagine calling Volk the FW GOAT after beating an Ortega coming of over a year without fighting, TKZ and Yair, FW is weak, Also competition was waaaaaaay better.

I feel like we obsess over this shit too much.

Just appreciate both of them for what they've been able to do.

Sure.. but we are posting on a forum to discuss these things.

I personally think Volk beats any version of aldo easily and volks competition has been harder.

Back