Is Zhang another Cyborg?

They're sort of similar in that they both have more power than most at their weight but Cyborg was much stronger than her division in comparison and used it to bully opponents more. Weili doesn't have as much of a power differential and her striking can't be as wild and rely on pure strength. Rose is just head and shoulders above any woman in terms of striking currently and it's been apparent since the 2nd and maybe the 1st JJ fight

Weili isn’t a can crusher, and she got caught. It can happen to anybody in this sport. Are you sure you’re being dramatic enough, here?

And Weili hasn’t popped for peds. Your thread is shit.
What happened to Weili was more than just getting caught. Rose exposed a serious hole in her defensive game, which will most likely be fixed by the time she fights again.

They're sort of similar in that they both have more power than most at their weight but Cyborg was much stronger than her division in comparison and used it to bully opponents more. Weili doesn't have as much of a power differential and her striking can't be as wild and rely on pure strength. Rose is just head and shoulders above any woman in terms of striking currently and it's been apparent since the 2nd and maybe the 1st JJ fight
I wouldnt say shes head and shoulders above everyone. She was getting busted up by andrade who hits hard but isnt the best striker in the div. The problem with Rose is she doesnt have alot of fights and shes lost to people who arent near the level of some of the people she's beaten. Its hard to guage her.

I think Weili will get the belt back again eventually. But I don't that anybody will hold it all that long. Strawweight is a shark tank. I think the belt will be passed around a lot.
Very few people ever get the belt back, so we'll have to see.

I wouldnt say shes head and shoulders above everyone. She was getting busted up by andrade who hits hard but isnt the best striker in the div. The problem with Rose is she doesnt have alot of fights and shes lost to people who arent near the level of some of the people she's beaten. Its hard to guage her.
I didn't see the rematch but she was destroying her on the feet in the first fight besides getting slammed like 3 or 4 times

I didn't see the rematch but she was destroying her on the feet in the first fight besides getting slammed like 3 or 4 times
second fight was much closer than first.

They're both kind of fucking amazing, so yes.

I wouldn't describe Weili's opponents prior to the UFC as soccer moms, most of them would be names known to folk who follow the regional wmma scene. Everyone is over-rated on Sherdog until they lose.

They are some of the best in WMMA. One loss disqualifies anyone from being great on here.

Rose hasn't lost to a scrub in years. Karolina was damn good when she beat Rose, and Andrade is Andrade. You're right tho, she doesn't fight a whole lot. People assumed what happened to her with Jessica would happen with Zhang partly because her fights with Jessica were all anyone had seen of her for years. I don't think we recognized quite how explosive Rose is. This is the second time she's done this now.

Rose hasn't lost to a scrub in years. Karolina was damn good when she beat Rose, and Andrade is Andrade. You're right tho, she doesn't fight a whole lot. People assumed what happened to her with Jessica would happen with Zhang partly because her fights with Jessica were all anyone had seen of her for years. I don't think we recognized quite how explosive Rose is. This is the second time she's done this now.
Yes she is deceptive in that regard. She looked like almost a completley different fighter than she did against andrade in her fight previous.

I'm going to blindly blame it on Rose being scared of being clinched or taken down
It just seemed like going toe to toe with andrade was a bad idea. she was scoring,but andrade's punches when they did land were much more dangerous and if it kept going the more it was bad for rose. With Zhang she moved around alot and opened up at the right moment

andrade is more like cyborg than zhang is,cos even tho shes undersized shes a wild brawler with heavy hands who physically overwhelms despite her being alot shorter than most

That is a bit of a stretch. One of the top girls in her weight class yes.

Not nearly as dominant as Cyborg, but similar in that they're both champs that rely on power and toughness and aren't great technically.

I'm saying this because when most people thought they were unbeatable beasts, they got ktfo.

What I'm saying is they both were overrated and they both got exposed. Of course they're good and some of the best but not unbeatable beasts like people thought.

They have a lot of things in common, similar styles both lost their first pro fight and then they got on a 21 fights win streak, but mostly fighting soccer moms on other organizations. Then they get in the UFC, they fight a couple of girls than nobody know and then get a couple of fights with recognized names (Cyborg with Holm and Zhang with Joanna), but those were close decisions, they got a lot of hype and then they get KTFO.
Also they didn't get many title defenses, their reigning were short.

What do you guys think? Is it actually true or is it pure coincidence?
<36>

Not a cyborg fan, but zhang should not be mentioned in the same sentence as her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back