Is Zhang another Cyborg?

Ok. But Weili bit a fake. It wasn’t a hole. It was a mistake, which happens.

Uriah faber being literally incapable of checking leg kicks for 25 minutes vs Aldo is a hole.

Anthony smith being unable to get off his back round after round vs Glover is a hole.

This was a single shot that landed. She got caught.
She didn't just bite a fake, it was the way in which she bit it. Every time Zhang scooches back in that way, she lets her hands fly all over. Seems pretty obvious to me Rose's team noticed that. She does it every time.

It was a single shot that landed due to a bad tendency of hers, and you know she's not gonna do it the next time she fights.

You guys should watch a Hong Kong movie called Shaolin Soccer. It's kind of similar to what happened at 261.

Weili has wins over very good-to-elite fighters such as Torres, Andrade, Joanna
Cyborg is a roided out can crusher who fights in a barren wasteland of a division and got rekt in about a minute when someone came up a division to give her a real challenge

it's a shame a lot of responses seem to view it the other way round - 'Weili doesn't deserve to be mentioned with someone of Cyborg's achievements' - I'd take any ranked 115er over Cyborg for acccomplishment but I understand most ppl will pick the person who holds #1 rank in an empty division who knocks out random bums every so often, over some rando #13 in an actual shark tank against legit competition where you have to swim hard to make it, unfortunately...

She didn't just bite a fake, it was the way in which she bit it. Every time Zhang scooches back in that way, she lets her hands fly all over. Seems pretty obvious to me Rose's team noticed that. She does it every time.

It was a single shot that landed due to a bad tendency of hers, and you know she's not gonna do it the next time she fights.

That's a legit way to defend leg kicks. She obviously misread roses attack because rose set it up beautifully. It's not really a hole in her defensive game, any more than having a high guard when expecting an overhand right only to have misread the attack and end up eating a shot to the liver.

I'm not saying zhang couldn't tighten things up, she absolutely can, but that wasn't a huge flaw in her defense as much as it was her biting on rose's feints.

I'll take the middle ground and say that both you and zebra cheeks are right, because zhang can definitely tighten up her defense, but this case was equally about her mis reading the situation.

Cyborg failed two drug tests and came in heavy four times to fight predominantly 135 lbs. women with a half dozen 125 lbs. women thrown in. Zhang fights women her own size without spending half her career cheating.

So no, they are not comparable.
<PlusJuan>

That's a legit way to defend leg kicks. She obviously misread roses attack because rose set it up beautifully. It's not really a hole in her defensive game, any more than having a high guard when expecting an overhand right only to have misread the attack and end up eating a shot to the liver.

I'm not saying zhang couldn't tighten things up, she absolutely can, but that wasn't a huge flaw in her defense as much as it was her biting on rose's feints.

I'll take the middle ground and say that both you and zebra cheeks are right, because zhang can definitely tighten up her defense.
I guess we'll see how Zhang responds in the rematch, if we get one. I hope for Zhang's sake she doesn't get an instant rematch.

The problem with Rose is she doesnt have alot of fights and shes lost to people who arent near the level of some of the people she's beaten. Its hard to guage her.
Yes. Losing to Karolina Kowalkiewicz is a good example of that.

Why are you telling me they aren’t comparable when I said they aren’t comparable? Weird post. Did what I say offend you somehow?

You said Cyborg was more dominant and I pointed out she had to cheat to beat up smaller women. I would have thought the disparity was obvious, but here, let me help you.

Zhang fought women her own size and did not need to cheat to do it. This is dominance. Cyborg had to cheat to beat up smaller women and this is the definition of cowardice, not dominance.

I guess we'll see how Zhang responds in the rematch, if we get one. I hope for Zhang's sake she doesn't get an instant rematch.

I don't think she should. She should fight the winner of Ribas vs Hill or maybe Dern, or winner of rodriguez vs waterson. I don't know. Anyone with a number next to their name will do.

Weili has wins over very good-to-elite fighters such as Torres, Andrade, Joanna
Cyborg is a roided out can crusher who fights in a barren wasteland of a division and got rekt in about a minute when someone came up a division to give her a real challenge

it's a shame a lot of responses seem to view it the other way round - 'Weili doesn't deserve to be mentioned with someone of Cyborg's achievements' - I'd take any ranked 115er over Cyborg for acccomplishment but I understand most ppl will pick the person who holds #1 rank in an empty division who knocks out random bums every so often, over some rando #13 in an actual shark tank against legit competition where you have to swim hard to make it, unfortunately...

Could not agree more.

I don't think she should. She should fight the winner of Ribas vs Hill or maybe Dern. I don't know. Anyone with a number next to their name will do.
She definitely shouldn't, but she wants it badly and Dana does too I'm sure. I think Zhang is getting too eager, and that an immediate rematch will not give her enough time to make adjustments.

Also I hate immediate rematches, especially for Rose considering she's been trenched in rematches for 4 years.

You guys should watch a Hong Kong movie called Shaolin Soccer. It's kind of similar to what happened at 261.
I'm familiar with the film, and even own the DVD, but you'll need to explain more for me to understand the point you are making.

That is a bit of a stretch. One of the top girls in her weight class yes.
There's nobody that moves and counters like she does. She doesn't have much power at all but she KO'd both JJ and Weili in round 1 with just good shot picking and placement. For comparison, Valentina has 1 KO finish on the feet in the UFC and no 1st round UFC finishes at all

They are some of the best in WMMA. One loss disqualifies anyone from being great on here.
MMA fans reverting to boxing fans mentality, in that one loss makes you a bum. As soon as losing one's 0 starts to affect their ability to make money, the best will stop fighting the best, just like it has been in boxing for years.

Last edited:
She definitely shouldn't, but she wants it badly and Dana does too I'm sure. I think Zhang is getting too eager, and that an immediate rematch will not give her enough time to make adjustments.
As a big Zhang fan, I'm worried about that too. Which is why I haven't supported the immediate re-match push. The Joanna vs Weili fight, was a greatly entertaining fight, but it seemed to me to be disturbingly like a "Rocky" movie, with both fighters eating punches and relying on toughness rather than defense. I'm hoping that this loss will focus her trainers on emphasizing defense more.

As a big Zhang fan, I'm worried about that too. Which is why I haven't supported the immediate re-match push. The Joanna vs Weili fight, was a greatly entertaining fight, but it seemed to me to be disturbingly like a "Rocky" movie, with both fighters eating punches and relying on toughness rather than defense. I'm hoping that this loss will focus her trainers on emphasizing defense more.
Yeah, Zhang needs to calm down and take a step back. If she loses to Rose again in devastating fashion, it's gonna put her in a very difficult place. Her aura of invincibility has already been shattered.

Yeah, Zhang needs to calm down and take a step back. If she loses to Rose again in devastating fashion, it's gonna put her in a very difficult place. Her aura of invincibility has already been shattered.
<PlusJuan>
I seem to be out of likes, so I'll use this instead..

Back