Media Islam Makhachev's Head Coach "Justin Gaethje BIGGEST Threat To Islam, Now He's NEVER Be In Title Picture"

genuinely think that Dustin and Justin's chance of beating Islam are practically the same. Do Bronx and Armaan are the only ones that I think that have a genuine chance.

I like that response from Javier, "probably" never gonna be in the title picture so need to talk about it" lol. And yet they're fighting a guy who was on a two fight losing streak and beat the #11 guy. Gaethje is still very much in the title picture, he just needs a W and all AKA has to do is chill at LW and rack up defenses.

But I guess that doesn't fit into their plans for Islam. Take as least amount of title defenses vs the least risky fighters and then move up to WW. Paint the picture of dominance while it's a facade.

And I don't get any pleasure of saying that, I like Islam and think he beats everyone at LW. I just like to see fighters like Islam go through everyone and watch the legacies grow.

No, he lost against Oliveira, won against Chandler, lost to Justin and won against BSD.

Like that wasn’t exactly what they wanted. Cherry picking, ducking, home field advantage demanding, walking, talking, arrogant clown.

If Islam sits on the sidelines long enough.. The most dangerous opponents end up knocking eachother out of getting title fights.

View attachment 1041707

He's one of most active champs, he fights twice a year. Of course challengers will fight each others to get the title shot, that's the whole idea of UFC...

Oliveira should wear a helmet, next time.

Eduard Vartanyan is his biggest threat and they won't even sign the dude. He has the perfect style to give Islam trouble.

Poirier was never on a two-fight losing streak, and Islam never opposed fighting anyone on June the 1st, Poirier is the only one who stepped forward
Yea this is on the UFC

They knew Islam's timetable for returning... but still insisted that Gaethje fight someone from the division below in a gimmick fight at UFC 300

Gaethje is a company man, he wasn't going to say no to the BMF fight.
His management should have though.

"Never" is a stretch considering Poirier got knocked out last summer & now he's fighting for the title. Gaethje could definitely pick up 2 more wins & get another shot at it.
He’s 35 and just got brutally chinned bud.

Once again moving the hate goalposts, haters moaning that Islam hasnt fought everyone and cleaned out the division, signs up to fight Dustiin....'no no not him, hes lost a couple of fights and not in contention, what a ducker not fighting the best contender' .
Islam states that he probably wont fight Justin because hes not a contender anymore, all the haters jumping in saying 'how convenient', alluding that hes now ducking Justin , who by the haters measure themselves, is no longer a contender.
Bunch of dumb cunts, seriously

Arman is definitely the biggest threat
With what? Several people have said that, but nobody's really had a very good answer for where he's better or how they think he would win. He's not going to win the wrestling, he's isn't a sub threat, and his TDD isn't any better than Justin's, and his striking isn't as dangerous and Justin's. If it's to keep it standing and try to win a striking match, Gaethje has a better chance of doing that by having just as good or better TDD but more dangerous striking and can land let kicks early and make wrestling harder as the fight goes on. Arman might be better at avoiding damage, but he doesn't have anything to offensively threaten with for Islam to have to even care where the fight goes.

With Gaethje, the gameplan is pretty clear to take him down and try to sub him, and it's up to Justin to avoid getting taken down. With Arman, he might take him down and probably will a few times, but he doesn't really have to and can just take his time striking, doesn't even have to by that much, then get a TD with a minute or 2 left and end the round in top control to make the round clear.

I would agree with everything but the the ko part. Pretty much the only way I see these guys beating Islam is by pressuring him and then ko-ing while he is retreating. Not saying Arman will be able to do it, but I think he has a slightly better chance than Justin and Dustin because he won’t be so wary of the grappling threat.

Big Islam fan, and i also believe a knock out is the way to beat him

Unironically, Topuria has the best chance of beating Islam. He has enough raw athletcism to negate takedown attempts.

If Islam gets past Poirier, Arman, and Gamrot, Gaethje will probably be in the title picture again.

If Islam gets past Poirier, Arman, and Gamrot, Gaethje will probably be in the title picture again.
It will be 2026 and I doubt Gaethje would be much of a threat by then. The WW champion is a more likely target.

Intelligent people aren’t always academic

Sure, but the issue I have with your statements about Islam is his undeniable fight IQ and timing. He "wilted" vs Volk but was up on the scorecards going into the 5th and was getting the better of the striking exchanges overall up until that point. It was the first time in over a decade someone offered Islam legitimate resistance (Egoyan and Barnoui early in his career) and he had a bad weight cut/rehydration due to the change in time that Australia gave him after weigh ins. I don't know, it was an action packed, high paced fight and he made some really great adjustments vs Volk, handled adversity well and kept it together in the 5th to secure the decision. Islam clearly has good fight IQ, the way he baits knees to set up takedowns along the cage, his effective counter striking and even the way he finds openings without risk for takedowns...in the cage he's clearly a more conscious tactician than Khabib ever was, perhaps on the mic and whatnot he's a bit of a mouth breather and goof while Khabib was eloquent, sharp and witty but Khabib was a human battering ram in the cage.

Also you don't think he will have a long reign? He's about to tie the 3 defense record at 155 and if he beats Poirier he will have the longest win streak in LW history at 14 consecutive victories. Likely he will defend end of the year vs Arman and have the LW title defense record at that. These Eagles MMA guys don't need money, they're set for life in Dagestan. They truly fight for legacy and honor, Islam will likely retire by 35. Likely he will have 1 or 2 more fights at 155 post Poirier and then try to fight for the 170lb title and retire.

With what? Several people have said that, but nobody's really had a very good answer for where he's better or how they think he would win. He's not going to win the wrestling, he's isn't a sub threat, and his TDD isn't any better than Justin's, and his striking isn't as dangerous and Justin's. If it's to keep it standing and try to win a striking match, Gaethje has a better chance of doing that by having just as good or better TDD but more dangerous striking and can land let kicks early and make wrestling harder as the fight goes on. Arman might be better at avoiding damage, but he doesn't have anything to offensively threaten with for Islam to have to even care where the fight goes.

With Gaethje, the gameplan is pretty clear to take him down and try to sub him, and it's up to Justin to avoid getting taken down. With Arman, he might take him down and probably will a few times, but he doesn't really have to and can just take his time striking, doesn't even have to by that much, then get a TD with a minute or 2 left and end the round in top control to make the round clear.
I think his wrestling is the most elite comparative to the rest of the division vs Islam. Gaethje obviously doesn't use his, nor does Chandler, and Do Bronx proved it was easy for Islam to control positions, whereas the first fight with Islam and Arman, the scrambles were quite competitive, and that was his first fight in the UFC, so you're assuming he wouldve improved a lot.

My biggest concern for Arman vs Islam would be his gas tank

Also you don't think he will have a long reign? He's about to tie the 3 defense record at 155 and if he beats Poirier he will have the longest win streak in LW history at 14 consecutive victories. Likely he will defend end of the year vs Arman and have the LW title defense record at that. These Eagles MMA guys don't need money, they're set for life in Dagestan. They truly fight for legacy and honor, Islam will likely retire by 35. Likely he will have 1 or 2 more fights at 155 post Poirier and then try to fight for the 170lb title and retire.
14 fight LW winstreak, 1 top 10 LW win.

there are a LOT of fighters who could do this. It's not really Impressive. A 9 fight winstreak with 4 top 10 wins would be more impressive

Like that wasn’t exactly what they wanted. Cherry picking, ducking, home field advantage demanding, walking, talking, arrogant clown.

If Islam sits on the sidelines long enough.. The most dangerous opponents end up knocking eachother out of getting title fights.

View attachment 1041707
He will fight the winner of Paddy moicano after Gamrot vs Armen 2 gets booked

Last edited:
14 fight LW winstreak, 1 top 10 LW win.

Hooker was in the top-10, Volk the FW Champion x2, Oliveira was the Champion, Poirier is #4.

5 ranked wins against top-10, assuming he beats Poirier and reaches 14 consecutive wins. Even if you remove Volk it's still three, next time when you lie, try to do it on something that is hard to verify, if you want to get away with it.

there are a LOT of fighters who could do this. It's not really Impressive. A 9 fight winstreak with 4 top 10 wins would be more impressive
He will achieve that after Poirier when Arman gets his title shot.

He will fight the winner of Paddy moicano after Gamrot vs Armen 2 gets booked

Do you believe your own B.S ? Arman will be next, before Moicano or fucking Paddy, who should not be in the picture.

Gamrot sucks and he's boring, he should stay away from the title shot.

Back