Islam should just stay at LW and smesh them all

<<Islam should just stay at LW and smesh them all>>

200w.gif

There’s 2 fights at LW that interest me for Islam. Olives rematch and Justin Gaethje.
And after that, there will be two more.

That's the beauty of defending the belt for an era.

If he vacates before actually* dominating the field, I think all MMA fans should be disappointed.

*not to be confused with hypothetically dominating the field, which he's already done in the minds of many fans.

And after that, there will be two more.

That's the beauty of defending the belt for an era.

If he vacates before actually* dominating the field, I think all MMA fans should be disappointed.

*not to be confused with hypothetically dominating the field, which he's already done in the minds of many fans.
Partially I agree with you. I think it’s more impressive to string together a long title streak like DJ, GSP etc than hopping up a weight class.

As far as interest in the prospective fights he’s got at LW compared to WW. 170 is more interesting. Plus the 2 more titles fights against Gaethje and Olives would give him the defense record. Things change in MMA very quickly and maybe some up and comers will rise to the top for some compelling fights

100% I'd rather see a special fighter like him hold his ground at the top and defend against all worthy challengers and varied fighting styles. "Cleaning out the division", before moving to a heavier weight class. I don't mind a superfight every now and then but the double belt challenge doesn't say as much to me as "I took them all on and nobody could stop me".

He's not making weight for all those fights lol

' Ooh hes a massive LW'
' ooh he will have to move up eventually'
What a crock of absolute horseshit.
People need to stop making these dumbarse comments about Islam and his supposed making weight problem when there has never been one...

Please tell us all when Islam has never made weight..

We will wait.....

Funny how no one ever mentions Tony being huge for his weight class or Olives even...who has multiple times missed weight, but no one ever seems to suggest that he should move the WW.

I think people are too quick to go for double champ these days.

Clean out your division with 5+ defenses then go up for true greatness imo. But if the UFC allows it, why not go for the pay day/hype.

Partially I agree with you. I think it’s more impressive to string together a long title streak like DJ, GSP etc than hopping up a weight class.

As far as interest in the prospective fights he’s got at LW compared to WW. 170 is more interesting. Plus the 2 more titles fights against Gaethje and Olives would give him the defense record. Things change in MMA very quickly and maybe some up and comers will rise to the top for some compelling fights
Ya I find dominating a division for half a decade most interesting. I guess I forget that not everyone does.

Or maybe I have a 10 year attention span. Individual crummy fights that the all time greats had don't bother me (didn't in real time, and don't in hindsight).

i dont care to see him fight guys khabib already beat.
gamrot would get owned on the feet.

colby and leon matchups are 10x more intriguing.

I don't mind him staying in LW. I don't like the Abu Dhabi venue. As bad as Vegas is; it is usually neutral ground for most people.

No need for any Hollywood moves, not going up in weight not going down. Just staying in the LW Basement and getting the Rubles.

Smeshing Oliveira, Gaethje, Gamrot, Fiziev, Arman, Dariush and maybe 2, 3 new fresh guys. 10 defences in 3, 4 years.

Dominating the weight class via iron fist and than bye bye.

There’s 2 fights at LW that interest me for Islam. Olives rematch and Justin Gaethje.

Olives because I don’t think we got the best version of him that night I think he comes in more measured on the feet and shows more urgency trying to stand up back up

The Gaethje one more so due to the fact that he cracked Khabib multiple times while standing and I’d be interested in seeing how islams more patient grappling style goes in that one.
Meh, I'd get Islam wanting a fight where he has something to gain rather than ones where he's like a -300 favorite and everybody shits on the wins after saying he beat a guy who's 0-3 in title fights and of course wouldn't get any more credit beating a guy he already crushed. What fans want to happen is not the same as what they'll watch, especially when it comes to fighters they don't like. People who don't like Islam of course don't want him to even have the chance at a 2nd belt because they're worried he might win, and would rather he fight guys they can discredit if he wins. The same people didn't want him to have the shot at Oliveira and said he didn't "deserve" it with a 10 fight win streak, then the fight came and we all saw what they were worried about happening.

If Islam fought for the WW belt, the results would at least give Oliveira or Gaethje a chance to either get another win with Islam coming of a WW loss to make the odds somewhat reasonable, or could give them a shot at a vacant LW title if Islam wins the WW belt, which would be better for them to have a more winnable fight for a title, and better for fans who don't generally want to pay for fights with -300 or 400 odds.

I'd love it if Islam fought 2 more times, declared himself the goat then retired. Talk about piss some people off. Lol

He wants to do something Khabib has never done...

Which is become a double champ...

He will execute and achieve his goal...

He is a MASSIVE LW one of the biggest ever physically.

He had weightcut issues in Australia. I dont know how much longer he can make 155 specially if he doesnt get to fight in Abu Dhabi.

Doesnt need 10x defenses though

Just needs a couple more than the three Khabib/BJ have

I say reach 5x defenses at LW then challenge whoever wears the 170 belt before calling it a day

Back