Media Islam wants a second title, believes he can beat Leon Edwards anywhere

Who wins in a potential matchup?

• Total voters
Leon does a fucking number on him if this fight ever happens.

He's a big kid and knows how to win, even if its boring AF.
Great cardio and patience.

I can see him frustrating Islam then putting him away in the later rounds.

Honestly kinda yeah, already it's a rematch against Oliveira, literally his third title fight is a repeat of his first title fight, that is lame. He should be fighting Dariush or Leon. I agree he hasn't defended enough to deserve the Leon shot but if they actually signed the contracts and made it a reality, it would be by far the most exciting matchup of the year
When you say it that way It make sense

let’s do it . I wanna see some cool shit

Fucks sake....

UFC needs to put a rule down:
Defend at least 6 times before fighting for another belt.

Shit is so out of control that guys that are not even champions in their own weight are already talking about being champion in another weigh class.

They'd just vacate the lighter title, which is fine, but defending 6 times means nobody would have ever done it except Jones, Silva, GSP, MM, etc. Being able to fight between 2 weight classes opens up more interesting fights, not less.

They'd just vacate the lighter title, which is fine, but defending 6 times means nobody would have ever done it except Jones, Silva, GSP, MM, etc. Being able to fight between 2 weight classes opens up more interesting fights, not less.

Ok, maybe 6 is a bit much, lol. But I feel those fights are more bad then good.

If they vacate it lessens the title because you know the current champ didn't earn it by beating the former champ.
And if they keep up with those moving up/down it holds up two divisions at once. Sometimes it can lead to interesting fights like Volk vs. Islam, but Islam vs. Strickland for example has no more appeal than any other contender at their own divisions.

Still waiting for you to convince me you were better than the guy a weightclass below you that you just fought.

I'm 100% not convinced and I was pretty certain before you fought him that you'd soundly beat him. Now I'm leaning toward he'd beat you in a rematch.

Ok, maybe 6 is a bit much, lol. But I feel those fights are more bad then good.

If they vacate it lessens the title because you know the current champ didn't earn it by beating the former champ.
And if they keep up with those moving up/down it holds up two divisions at once. Sometimes it can lead to interesting fights like Volk vs. Islam, but Islam vs. Strickland for example has no more appeal than any other contender at their own divisions.

Agreed. This was much more interesting when it was Jones/Silva, GSP/Silva, Aldo moving up to LW, etc. -- when you had someone who dominated a division for at least a couple years. Moving up within 1-2 defenses and trying for a 2nd title just seems exhausting to juggle both divisions.

If Colby wins it is fucking happening, provided Islam also wins his next fight

All you crying will want to see it
The amount of shit I have read about colby rolling over khabib for years. Well Islam isn't technically khabib, but I think he will beat Colby

He better move up before volk wants to beat him up again

That'd be a great fight. On the ground I'd give it to Islam but the striking difference is serious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back