News Islam was 8 lbs heavier than first Volk fight

As far as I know, the only ones who report fight night weight are California. Anything else is conjecture. Volk fought there and weighed in, after rehydration at 166.5. So your statement is bollocks.

I already said elsewhere in this thread that Volk used to weigh in the 160s, but he's bulked up since then.

Volk weighing 172 in the cage isn't "conjecture". They're Volk's and his coach's own words.

Specifically, even before Islam, Volk's coach said he weighed 172 vs Zombie, and Volk himself said he weighed 169 in his second fight with Max.

Volk has been getting progressively heavier.

Ain't no way he put on 30 lbs that fast. Even if he had a big cut. I'm assuming those numbers are based off Javier saying he was 8 lbs heavier than last fight. Meaning people are making big assumptions on what he weighed before
See the post above yours ;)

I listened to this interview. He said he was 185, “two weeks out”. That’s not the same as fight night weight.

Tomorrow, there's going to be a thread titled "DC ADMITS ISLAM WEIGHED 200 POUNDS AGAINST VOLK!!!!!"...

...and it'll be that clip of DC making an obvious fat joke about Islam ballooning to 200 out of camp.

Any source on how much Volk weighed in the cage?

Bro needs to move up eventually there’s no way he can keep that up and not die.
If you get the magic Fight Island weigh-ins and IV usage you could probably cut and re-hydrate a little more easily. Are IVs even illegal now in most commissions with USADA being bounced? A lot more fighters will probably be cutting increased weight amounts if they can just replenish themselves with bags of water running directly into their veins.

UWMC

Ultimate Weight Making Championships (lol)

Dang volkanovski was fighting a MW at LW when he couldn't even get up to 155lbs.

If true.

Weird making a rivalry between fighters in different weight classes into such a big deal.
It's normal, it's to be expected that in modern MMA the fighter from the heavier weight class will win.
Unfortunately double champ status is one of the biggest marketing gimmicks in MMA promotions. Especially the UFC. They want every fighter to go for two belts now. And every single fighter talks about having two belts outside of the biggest Heavyweights. The UFC opened up the box with Conor's LW belt match and instead of trying to shut it has now embraced the stupidity of forcing double champion fights on ever division.

Look at the current champs and top ranked guys. Pantoja has talked about moving up against O'Malley already. Volk moved up twice already. Islam talked about moving up already and everyone criticizes Khabib for not testing himself at Welterweight. Usman a former 170 champ was told he could go from unranked to title shot by fighting another unranked fighter at 185. The vacant Light Heavyweight title will be contended by Alexx Pereira a former Middleweight champion. The current Heavyweight champion Jon Jones, is a former Light Heavyweight champion, whose first HW fight was for the belt.

Half or more the champions are talking about other weight classes or are from other weight classes or have just fought in another weight class. Half of the championship fights we get now are by unranked guys going for the belt like Volk, Jones, Pereira, and so on. It is tiring.

Lol, even Volk isn't making those excuses.

Not having a full training camp doesn't physically affect a fighter in the same way as lack of hydration. The latter affects your ability to actually fight, no matter how skilled you are or how well you trained.

We've seen fighters win short notice fights and even become champions.
This is stupid.

We've seen fighters win with lack of hydration and even in championship fights.

Suddenly in Abu Dhabi Islam has easy cut and super weight fluctuation. Is the real story here.

He walks around heavier than Colby/Leon and is completely chiseled. This guy is going to be very hard to beat.. I think it would take a proper MW at this point, although I am one of those crazys that thinks Justin may be able to chop his leg in half.. Remember, he was One leg kick away from having Khabib in Peril!!
Found Brian Campbells sherdog acct lol

Not the flex you think it is lol

Not sure what this means. Fighting dehydrated is absolutely awful. If he beat Volk in a 5 round fight with anything close to 5, 6, 7, 8 lbs of dehydration that's the biggest brag I've ever heard.

Weight cutting is a skill and physical ability that varies, just like anything else. Some people can cut 20 lbs easier than others can cut 13 lbs.

Islam's usual stated cage weight is around the 175 mark.

You also avoided the points I made.

Almost every fighter would choose not having a full fight camp but still training VS being dehydrated 8 lbs.

Hell, fighting a bunch of times without full camps used to be the MMA norm. LOL at you saying that's a death sentence.

You know what wasn't ever the norm? Fighting 8 lbs dehydrated.

This. My last tournament I was about 7-8 lbs dehydrated and my HR was 180-210 the entire tournament (6 matches). Wanted to die.

This is stupid.

We've seen fighters win with lack of hydration and even in championship fights.

Suddenly in Abu Dhabi Islam has easy cut and super weight fluctuation. Is the real story here.
We’ve also seen fighters (boxers) die in the ring due to not properly hydrating after a cut. It can literally cause death lol.

Ain't no way he put on 30 lbs that fast. Even if he had a big cut. I'm assuming those numbers are based off Javier saying he was 8 lbs heavier than last fight. Meaning people are making big assumptions on what he weighed before
I believe it. I have put on 20+ pounds in 24 hours after a weigh in. I bet a world champ like Islam, with all the help he has from professionals around him, can put on 30 pounds. He might have had 32 hours too.

Back