Media Israel Adesanya: I "don't need" Pereira trilogy, "that saga is over"

Izzy doesn't want to chance Pereira winning the trilogy. Understandable. He faced this guy 4 times in combat sports and finally got a win after 3 losses. It would stain his career to lose to him again. At least he can go out winning the last fight.

I kind of understand where he's coming from to be honest. unless they do best of 7, he'll never manage to shut up the critics anyways. He wanted to prove to himself that he could beat the guy, and he did -- he doesn't need to keep proving it as many times as his haters want him to.

At the same time, I can see why his haters would tear him apart for this lol. He's kind of taking his ball and going home. But what you gonna do? that's his choice. He made his choice clear, so for pereira to keep asking for another fight, despite being up on the numbers and despite izzy making it clear he isn't interested .....I think that's a bad look.

Last edited:
Watch Izzy celebrate like a teenage girl tomorrow if Alex loses. If Alex wins, expect to see the fake nice Izzy congratulating Poatan.

He's beginning to sound like Uncle Rico

16871241-1688-4add-982c-f597a933c0a6_text.gif

He has a point. He could also just not want to fight him again but either way people can just say Alex is still up on him.

Also - I've not seen this mentioned once so far in this thread - Alex is a natural 205er who managed to somehow make MW. Dude is a good sized LHW. No one mentions that when talking about this rivalry.

This is perhaps the perfect example of skills being close but size being the difference.

I dont know why this bothers people so much.

They do have terrific fights together true, but he dont want to have to keep fighting the same guy forever. He should be happy that he beat him in that last fight but some fans get their pussies hurt over it for some reason.

hes right. the series of fights between them was weird. Izzy winning the first fight up until the end. and then alex imo winning the second fight up until the end. In kick boxing they are weird too.

Alex doesn't need it, he is the champion in the weightclass above, Izzy isn't even a champion anymore, got dethroned by Strickland LMFAO.

Now Alex wanting it is another story, but need, fuck NO.
Alex is begging for Izzy to get a completely undeserved title shot at LHW that would make them both a bunch of money and which many UFC fans would love to see but Izzy is acting like he's too good for it.

He knows he used up all his luck that last time.

I'd like to see Izzy bulk up the right way for LHW and fight Alex for the tie-breaker.

It's only fitting. No one really cares what happened in kickboxing. This is MMA.

His last win wasn't luck lol anyone saying that is delusional

That being said, I don't blame him for not looking for that fight again.. it's not an easy fight whatsoever. Alex is a stud.

So he knows he is behind, he knows he needs too many wins to top Pereira, chooses to live with the last win of their rivalry, its ok, but its like the kid that declares the match is over and he won because he scored the last goal in a game he was losing even after his last scoring.

Then, why is he posting about his win tho?? Adesanya is way too unlikeable, he isnt willing to chase Pereira at LHW, thats a PPV level fight with or without any belts, UFC fans will tune in.

PS: Is someone asking for the fight?? I`d watch, but im not that interested in it, bigger fish to fry for both of them in their current divisions, fight could be built to crazy levels with both of them holding a title, but so far im not interested in a trilogy MMA fight.
Pretty much, he's a very obvious duck now, avoided a trilogy with Alex then lost to the supposedly easier Stickland instead then didnt fight him either and instead looks to be going straight into a match with DDP.

When a fighter starts acting like this I think its normally a clue their best days are done, they don't believe in themselves anymore.

Last edited:
He’s acting like a kid who is losing 10-0 at fifa and then scores one and turns the console off and says ‘told you I’m better’

The guy beat Jan, which Izzy failed to do, became LHW champion and is one of the biggest stars in the sport right now, he doesn’t need the Izzy fight.

Izzy acts like Poatan is struggling to get a fight.

He has a point. He could also just not want to fight him again but either way people can just say Alex is still up on him.

Also - I've not seen this mentioned once so far in this thread - Alex is a natural 205er who managed to somehow make MW. Dude is a good sized LHW. No one mentions that when talking about this rivalry.

This is perhaps the perfect example of skills being close but size being the difference.
Yeah and with Alex settling into LHW as his natural class the size discrepancy would be even bigger now if Izzy chased him up a division. If Pereira wants the quartet he can starve back down to MW too.

Also people shitting on Israel for "getting lucky" ignore that every fight between the two was pretty much a coin flip, one a razor close decision, one where Alex "got lucky" with a hometown standing count before stopping him, one with Alex getting hurt at the bell before stopping Izzy after the round break, and one a reversal of that last one with Izzy knocking Alex out after being hurt.

Smart of Izzy to take that win and ride off into the sunset

He only won because Poatan got overzealous after hurting Izzy

This level of ducking is like when Tito repeatedly ducked Chuck. Or even worse than that

"I beat that guy that one time"

Back