It´s still hard to believe they let a guy like Mousasi go. No doubt one of the top 5 MW in the world

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Gegard-Mousasi-By-The-Numbers-127691

Nice article on Mousasi, his numbers are amazing. Just an incredible career.

No doubt he´s one of the top 5 MW in the world right now along Whittaker, Rockhold, Romero and Bisping.

He is only 32 years old and was 7-1 in his last 8 fights, on a 5 fight winning streak and his 4 last fights were a TKO/KO in the 1st or 2nd .... the guy is a finisher. And he´s a terrible match up for a lot of the guys in the division.

Weidman-Mousasi-Knee.gif

But yeah, he doesn´t have good trash talking, he´s just a nice guy that can actually fight. Doesn´t fit the new company profile I guess.

Anyways....

War Mousasi
2hp0uub_medium.gif

He smiles at the camera while he crushes a can. Unbelievable calm.

I'm kinda glad he's out of UFC, don't have to worry about having my two favourite MW's fighting eachother (Whittaker/Mousasi) and he's making the real dough over in Bellator.

I love when someone gets kneed in the head for trying to play with the rules instead of actually defending

They already let Bader and Davis, two top five LHWs go before Moose so I wasn't surprised.

Not that it wasn't fucked up letting him go. He'd beat Bisping's ass.

He'll make six figures in sponsorship money alone in bellator.

2 fighters per year in Belly, he'll be 35 once his contract is up.

We'll never see him fight the Rockhold's, Romero's, and Whittaker's in his prime. Makes me sad as a fan.

With his ever evolving real estate business and the newly acquired farm, the Bellator contract starts to make even more sense. He can fight twice a year and still make approximately the same digits as he would have in the UFC fighting 3 times per year.

Add to the fact that he's got his own gym now, and the fact that his brother is building a house next to his, you can start to see that retirement isn't too far away. The guy is going to live a very comfortable (and quite lavish) life once he steps away from fighting, so kudos to him.

A true role model to not just MMA fans, but actual MMA fighters.

Last edited:
He'll make six figures in sponsorship money alone in bellator.

He said himself he barely makes enough to fly his guys in for the event.

Bellator is seen as an inferior brand, the old sponsors won't pay the same they did for UFC fighters.

pay peanuts = let him go.
What did they offer him?

Gegard lists the freedoms like his own sponsors deals and being able to fight in other orgs as his reasons for leaving, as wells as being in a org with less stars so he'll get more of the spotlight

Nothing about the UFC low-balling him.

Not let go
Walked
Free agency

I love when someone gets kneed in the head for trying to play with the rules instead of actually defending

lol.

Even still it was illegal and Big Dan royally fucked up...Weidman was definitely milking it though...and due to that I didnt feel as bad for him...as he was screwed.

"But he wasn't a draw."

- current UFC fans who worry more about the UFC's revenue than actually watching MMA.

I'm kinda glad he's out of UFC, don't have to worry about having my two favourite MW's fighting eachother (Whittaker/Mousasi) and he's making the real dough over in Bellator.
I was thinking the exact same thing, I believe at the moment he is Whittaker's only poison. It's a Win/Win anyway, he will get more respect over at Belator with the brass and he will murk anybody on their roster and they know that. Sponsorship money will be a nice bonus for Moose. He will return to the UFC though.

A monumental fuck up to let Moose walk. Coker must have danced a Jig.

apparently an Armenian-Iranian brother from Holland can't get no love

2 fighters per year in Belly, he'll be 35 once his contract is up.

We'll never see him fight the Rockhold's, Romero's, and Whittaker's in his prime. Makes me sad as a fan.

With his ever evolving real estate business and the newly acquired farm, the Bellator contract starts to make even more sense. He can fight twice a year and still make approximately the same digits as he would have in the UFC fighting 3 times per year.

Add to the fact that he's got his own gym now, and the fact that his brother is building a house next to his, you can start to see that retirement isn't too far away. The guy is going to live a very comfortable (and quite lavish) life once he steps away from fighting, so kudos to him.

A true role model to not just MMA fans, but actual MMA fighters.
{<redford}

' Thats your true and real GOAT. They've let him go as he is from Persia. Persia, that gave us science and medicine... and Moos. Fek UFC moronic behaviour. '
- Tze

Back