It´s still hard to believe they let a guy like Mousasi go. No doubt one of the top 5 MW in the world

They already let Bader and Davis, two top five LHWs go before Moose so I wasn't surprised.

Not that it wasn't fucked up letting him go. He'd beat Bisping's ass.

Not to mention top 5 flyweight Horiguchi, ,top 5 lightweight Benson Henderson, and top 5 welterweight Rory MacDonald.

Only Rory was coming off a loss. The rest were in mutliple fight winning streak.

Not to mention top 5 flyweight Horiguchi, ,top 5 lightweight Benson Henderson, and top 5 welterweight Rory MacDonald.

Only Rory was coming off a loss. The rest were in mutliple fight winning streak.

Eh, not sure Bendo was top five at LW at the time but yes to the others. Its a real problem at this point, its true none of them are a big draw personally but a big part of UFC PPVs has always been depth. Having guys like you mentioned or Krylov would have helped the cards that recently bombed more than random shitty WMMA fighters.

Very hard to rank Bendo above Pettis.

Last edited:
The UFC is about nothing but money. They could care less if they let one of the top 5 MW's in the world. They probably weighed the differential on what he wanted to be paid and what they think he would draw, and said screw it. Much like they didn't care when they let Rory walk.

Hes a legit championship fighter for sure

lol.

Even still it was illegal and Big Dan royally fucked up...Weidman was definitely milking it though...and due to that I didnt feel as bad for him...as he was screwed.
it wasn't even close to illegal the fight was under the new rules.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Gegard-Mousasi-By-The-Numbers-127691

Nice article on Mousasi, his numbers are amazing. Just an incredible career.

No doubt he´s one of the top 5 MW in the world right now along Whittaker, Rockhold, Romero and Bisping.

He is only 32 years old and was 7-1 in his last 8 fights, on a 5 fight winning streak and his 4 last fights were a TKO/KO in the 1st or 2nd .... the guy is a finisher. And he´s a terrible match up for a lot of the guys in the division.

Weidman-Mousasi-Knee.gif

But yeah, he doesn´t have good trash talking, he´s just a nice guy that can actually fight. Doesn´t fit the new company profile I guess.

Anyways....

War Mousasi
2hp0uub_medium.gif

Just to recap the rule, finger tips touching floor don't count as a grounded opponent right? It has to be palms? So the slow mo wasn't necessary? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Most overrated fighter in sherdog history, and it's not even close.

Just to recap the rule, finger tips touching floor don't count as a grounded opponent right? It has to be palms? So the slow mo wasn't necessary? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct- weight bearing are the operative words = Weidman not defending- was done and even his fingertips were not down as Mousasi lifted his weight as he connected with knees.

Post presser was awesome as Gegard was in rare form:
" at the end of the day its a fight. I'm fucking fighting.He wants to play around with rules and try for the disqualification, well, then thats what happens. Fuck it, I won"

In his prime now after 50 fights, Gegard one of the top 2-3 middleweight s in world. Like Ive posted several times, he shows no wear and tear which is crazy and just validates his stand up prowess.

In his prime now after 50 fights, Gegard one of the top 2-3 middleweight s in world. Like Ive posted several times, he shows no wear and tear which is crazy and just validates his stand up prowess.

I never really cared much for Mousasi, but DJ recently mentioned him as one of the 5 best all-time fighters, which did make me re-evalute his resume and see just how much dam success he's had.

If they were stupid enough to let Rory go then anyone is game.

He'll make six figures in sponsorship money alone in bellator.
Boom. That's what's hurting the UFC these days. Sponsorship money was huge. Tapeout, affliction, skin were multi million dollar clothing lines thanks to the exposure they were getting from the ufc. Some bigger names started to show up and the ufc fucked it all with the reebok deal. There was plenty of money for fighters and the ufc but greed screwed both sides. What was a multi hundred million a year business has tanked to peanuts. Sad really

Yeah it sucks so many great fights for him in the UFC but that happens when you don't pay what a guy is worth.

He will win and defend the Bellator MW belt before Bisping fights a top 10 MW.....

Eh, not sure Bendo was top five at LW at the time but yes to the others.

Well he was 2-0 at WW before leaving with a win over Masvidal who posters on here seem to want to fight for the title with a win in his last few fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back