It is apparent that the average American does not understand the President's job..

Ya because nobody blamed Bush for anything, freaking bigot.

Not the same way... You are being dishonest if you are equating the two. People blamed Bush for all sorts of things and the main reason was of course partisan but more than that I think is because he didn't come off as too bright a guy. Not to mention he lied about WMD's and attacked the wrong country but I digress. Obama has done a pretty good job bringing us back from the brink of depression but for some reason a % of the population blames him for everything? I wonder why that is. I call it like I see it and I'm called the racist? LOL

Not to mention I listen to white republicans talk about Obama... Racist as hell

Not the same way... You are being dishonest if you are equating the two. People blamed Bush for all sorts of things and the main reason was of course partisan but more than that I think is because he didn't come off as too bright a guy. Not to mention he lied about WMD's and attacked the wrong country but I digress. Obama has done a pretty good job bringing us back from the brink of depression but for some reason a % of the population blames him for everything? I wonder why that is. I call it like I see it and I'm called the racist? LOL

Not to mention I listen who white republicans talk about Obama... Racist as hell

Ya you call it like you see it, also known as your OPINION lol. At least be honest about your racism, don't try and justify it while acting morally superior.

Ya you call it like you see it, also known as your OPINION lol. At least be honest about your racism, don't try and justify it while acting morally superior.

Blah blah. So are you saying that no racism towards Obama exists? Is that correct? Or do you just get upset when someone voices their OPINION on racism towards a black man? Which is it? See this is where it starts to get fun.... for me

Just like you do.

No, see the difference is that I hear it first hand. I happen to be a liberal living in a town that is 95% white and conservative so I hear how people talk about Obama... I'm providing specific examples, is there no racism against Obama?

Blah blah. So are you saying that no racism towards Obama exists? Is that correct? Or do you just get upset when someone voices their OPINION on racism towards a black man? Which is it? See this is where it starts to get fun.... for me

Blah blah, you're the one who made a ridiculous racist claim and got called out for it by multple posters. I never made a claim that there is no racism against Obama, just like won't make a claim that there was no racism against Bush or any other president. He is human first, not a black man. Take your race goggles off and step into the real world.

No, see the difference is that I hear it first hand. I happen to be a liberal living in a town that is 95% white and conservative so I hear how people talk about Obama... I'm providing specific examples, is there no racism against Obama?

Oh, well as long as you have anecdotal evidence. Carry on, LOL.

Blah blah, you're the one who made a ridiculous racist claim and got called out for it by multple posters. I never made a claim that there is no racism against Obama, just like won't make a claim that there was no racism against Bush or any other president. He is human first, not a black man. Take your race goggles off and step into the real world.

HAHA... The fact that you are equating racism against Bush with racism against Obama tells me that you cannot see the difference through your racist ass lens. So to you the racism is equal? Laughable

HAHA... The fact that you are equating racism against Bush with racism against Obama tells me that you cannot see the difference through your racist ass lens. So to you the racism is equal? Laughable

I'm sorry that I see people for their actions, not their skin color. You should try it sometime lol.

I think you're overrating how much 'the media' knows compared to the average American.

And people blame their president because it's easier than blaming the responsible party: themselves.

So how come it doesn't bother you?

Know what bothers me? I read an article the other day about how something like only 10% of the population participates regularly in congressional elections. A large portion of the people in this 10% hold strong partisan views.

This very vocal and active minority is making decisions that impact that majority that is either misinformed or does not pay attention.

Here is the article

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-political-process-isnt-rigged-it-has-much-bigger-problems/

3. Primaries have become the new general elections — The Cook Political Report currently rates just 37 of 435 House seats as competitive this fall, less than 9 percent of the House. As a result, primary elections have become tantamount to general elections in the vast majority of seats. Because primaries are held on many different dates, they tend to generate less national attention and attract disproportionate shares of hardcore, ideological party activists to the polls.

In 2014, only 14.6 percent of eligible voters participated in congressional primaries — a record low, according to the Center for the Study of the American Electorate. That means a tiny fraction of voters who are the most hardened partisans are essentially electing more than 90 percent of members of Congress. And these low-turnout primaries are often easy prey for ideological interest groups who demand purity.

It doesn't bother me anymore because of the time I spent trying to be involved, by helping Republicans run for office, running myself, going to the meetings, etc. It was all local stuff.

What I learned was that most people don't have much interest in participation. They like to talk, they like to cheer lead for their side and boo at the other side. But the work of democracy is something they don't really care about. They don't want to be truly educated on the issues, especially if education might contradict the opinions they already hold.

Once I resigned myself to that reality, I had to accept that this is what people want. The barriers to entry aren't that high. Almost anyone can get their foot in the door. So, if more people aren't doing it...it's because they don't really want to deal with the details. And if I let that bother me, I'd be perpetually disappointed.

Back