It sucks but Conor-Cerrone got watched by more people than Khabib-Gaethje by all metrics.

I did a quick google I was not as lazy as I thought.

"Even minus the replay views, the numbers were still strong enough to make his fight with Alexander the most watched MMA fight in 2009.

With his Elite-XC fights and his two fights with the UFC, Kimbo Slice's last four matches have been firmly placed in the top 10 watched MMA fights in history."

Note this was written in 2010 so of course it have changed, but it tells me that what people watch and quality is not always the same. Some people seems to think views = great fighter. Which it is not..
Yeah he was a huge star. But he wasn't a huge star in Bellator

khabib has never been a money maker, half his fan base gets events for free. The benefit of khabib is exposure to and garnering interest from the caucus region/islamic countries. popularity =/= draw

ppv is not a good measure because outside of the us and maybe a few other countries, it's television deals.
You can't measure viewership just by ppvs.
For example, in brazil you don't buy ppv, you need to subscribe to Combate channel to watch ufc. Millions of people here watch ufc, but there's no ppv model.

K. You're a boxing old timer and can't comprehend the fact that some "overrated UFC'er" actually got Floyd to be a bit hesitative for a couple of rounds and wanting to play it safe to simply feel his opponent out.

Good talk, not really. You're simply not interested in adressing anything that doesn't confirm your belief.
Lol what the fuck? Floyd was more carless than anyone he ever fought against Conor. He threw out boxing basics and just threw up a basic guard and walked forward , crossing his feet laughing at what Conor threw at him. If floyd did that against any of his last 30 opponents he would have gotten beaten down. He had zero respect for Conor's boxing

Your proof is? How do you know how many people "worldwide" watched Conor Cowboy?

Also, since when do unpaid views in third world countries count? Or matter?

Why on earth would views from "3rd world countries" not count?

Do you have any source for any Conor fight exceeding 26m views? Literally anywhere?

some people don't understand what aired on "free tv" means.
It's not free for the channel, they paid a shitload of money to the ufc for the right to show fights (broadcasting rights).
It's a different revenue stream, and obviously for khabib/gaethje the ufc focused more on middle eastern and global markets than on north america ppv market as the fight time was 2pm in the us.
The total revenue from khabib/gaethje is probably bigger than conor/cowboy, but it's a different revenue model.

Conor McGregor is by far the biggest star and draw.

How much Nate Diaz made money before fight with Conor?
How much Khabib made money before fight with Conor?

Conor lost against Khabib and he's still the biggest star. No Khabib, Adesanya or GOAT as Jon Jones are not even close when we talk about popularity.

And what made Conor the biggest star - charisma, fighting style, balls, creativity and he's smart guy whatever people say. He made his mistakes as Jon Jones but some things you just can't deny and those things are numbers! Just facts!

if only khabib could bring Conor numbers. He quit before he could ever do that
Conor is a drug addict, sexual assailant what’s so redeeming about that. At least Khabib knows who he is... a lot more suffering for Conor until he cleans his act up or ends dead.

McGregor is a fucking bum, why you nuthug so much?
Did you see him scrim when they asked him about his sexual assault.. maybe if he admitted to himself about who he is he wouldn’t have to do so much cocaine.

Fighting Conor undoubtedly contributed immensely to Khabib's massive following.

Having said that, you're a fool if you believe UFC 254's PPV figures are indicative of Khabib's superstardom.

Drama? Conor and cowboy were very respectful to eachother. Facts are Mcgregor is more exciting and a bigger name than Khabib. Cowboy is more well known then Gaethje aswell(no matter what Sherdog says), The Khabib novelty has worn off And he’s just a mid level draw. Not bad but not Mcgregor.
View attachment 810722
haha , and still this happened
giphy.gif

oh boy , this must hurt you so bad

My "market" is human beings. More civilised than you, evidently. And who watched UFC 254 in droves.
Ahh yes, the "diversity is our strength" argument. Yes, because the UFC totally cares about Bedouins who do not have a credit card watching fights. That is what counts, after all.

Ahh yes, the "diversity is our strength" argument. Yes, because the UFC totally cares about Bedouins who do not have a credit card watching fights. That is what counts, after all.

What on earth do bedouins have to do with our discussion, exactly?
Or are you genuinely this thick?

some people don't understand what aired on "free tv" means.
It's not free for the channel, they paid a shitload of money to the ufc for the right to show fights (broadcasting rights).
It's a different revenue stream, and obviously for khabib/gaethje the ufc focused more on middle eastern and global markets than on north america ppv market as the fight time was 2pm in the us.
The total revenue from khabib/gaethje is probably bigger than conor/cowboy, but it's a different revenue model.

Its much bigger. BT sports is an example. You subscribe to watch the Khabib Gaethje fight but those wouldn't be included in the total viewership.

The total viewership for the Khabib fight dwarfs that of the last Conor fight. Internationally, Khabib is a much bigger star.

"by all metrics" is irrelevant when you know the ppv system is limited to only a few countries. The big majority of the countries don't even have the possibility to buy it, but have access to it with simple tv subscriptions, which still represents loads of money for the UFC in terms of tv broadcast rights.
Don't be surprised if Khabib makes world wide big numbers

Last edited:
Who cares? Is it so bad that some people enjoy pure violence? I think Khabib is tremendously entertaining, but if I had to choose I’d easily pick McGregor vs Cerrone as violence is guaranteed plus it turned out to be an awesome fight. You do realise it’s cage fighting and the casual fan is someone wearing affliction and tap out clothes.

Back