It's A Wonderful Life/Wizard of Oz are Getting A Remake

You can add The Marvels to that list. Didn't even make back it's $275 Million budget.

Snow White is such a dumpster fire that Disney has pushed it back to 2025.

Echo was originally eight episodes long, but the finished product was so bad, Disney cut it down to five episodes and dumped them all on Disney Plus the same day. That's never happened before; Disney release their MCU shows one episode per week.
Echo never made sense to me....who asked for this bit character from Hawkeye to have her own show? A one legged deaf American Indian that knows how to fight gets spotlighted over cancelled shows that were popular like Daredevil? Who thought that would work? Its boring as shit, but hey, Diversity!

The actor is fine. But in the first 5 minutes of the new deal, they introduced a mix reace trans character being bullied by white teens. Then the rest of the episode about that...The showrunner literally complained about agenda driven programs, and then green lights this garbage.

Well , it is affiliated with Disney now....

So the Ghostbusters is a black version of Ghostbusters because it had one black person in it?
Also, there are probably plenty that make money. These are just the ones you picked. There are more.
Huh? The first one had a black person in it. The remake from a couple years ago was women.

So back to my original question, what is the success rate of black or female remakes? Seems pretty damn low.

Huh? The first one had a black person in it. The remake from a couple years ago was women.

So back to my original question, what is the success rate of black or female remakes? Seems pretty damn low.
Ok, so now we’re taking black and female remakes? Because the conversation was about “black” remakes of movies. And you brought up Ghostbusters.

I don’t know what the success rate is for remakes in which the original had an all white cast and the remake has a mostly black cast. But I’m not pretending to know. You are. I’m just saying that they make movies to make money. That’s all. So I’m betting a decent amount of those have made enough money, which is why they still do it.

Ok, so now we’re taking black and female remakes? Because the conversation was about “black” remakes of movies. And you brought up Ghostbusters.

I don’t know what the success rate is for remakes in which the original had an all white cast and the remake has a mostly black cast. But I’m not pretending to know. You are. I’m just saying that they make movies to make money. That’s all. So I’m betting a decent amount of those have made enough money, which is why they still do it.
This was my post that you responded to...

What's the success rate of black or female remakes of old movies? Maybe the Wiz 50 years ago, if you even consider that a remake, and the Nutty Professor 30 years ago probably did moderately well because Eddie Murphy was hugely famous, and about 700 complete flops since.

The big question is why black family and not mexican or chinese family? Theres a shitload more mexicans in this country. If they're going with underrepresentation, theres less chinese people than black people. If they're going with who they feel sorry for most, 100 million chinese people starved to death in the 1960s.

Zendaya as Dorothy:
output.jpg

Lebron James as Scarecrow:

output.jpg

Samuel L Jackson as Tin Woodsman:

output.jpg

Steve Harvey as The Cowardly Lion:

CtnPCD4uTrOQj0ah5bchzA.webp

Whoopi Goldberg as The Wicked Which of the West:
output.jpg

Toto:
output.jpg

This was my post that you responded to...
Well, whatever. The point still stands: they make movies to make money. The investors do anyway. I’m sure there have been plenty of all black remakes of movies that have done well enough to turn a profit. Idk if there are many all female remakes of old movies.

A lot of remakes should be illegal. I swear like 95% of the time the remake does a huge disservice to the original. Rarely do I ever watch a movie and go *wow! I'm glad they made this remake of my favorite childhood movie*

I heard they're remaking Boyz In The Hood with Ryan Gosling as Dough Boy and Chris Pratt as Tre....should be a banger.
Yes, maybe an Opra and Tylur Peery film.

If Katt Williams and Monique speak out on the above "icons" behaviors...

Movie studios will remake anything and everything. I swear with some of crap they release it's like they are looking for tax write offs. I'm still calling Madam Web to be the biggest bomb ever, nothing to do with gender or race, just looks horrendous with a character nobody gives a shit about.

Echo never made sense to me....who asked for this bit character from Hawkeye to have her own show? A one legged deaf American Indian that knows how to fight gets spotlighted over cancelled shows that were popular like Daredevil? Who thought that would work? Its boring as shit, but hey, Diversity!
Her prophecy was long foretold in ancient scriptures.

a6dc8v77ux511.png

With Disney's insane losses, hopefully we've reached peak DEI absurdity with Echo, and the pendulum can swing back to normalcy. We probably have another few more years of nonsense before profit/pleasing the consumer gets back in focus.

Why is it always the movies that don't need remaking get remade? The only movies that should be remade are the disappointing ones which had potential but underperformed due to poor directing/acting/studio interference whatever. Something like I Robot or Sphere have potential to be good movies and are bound to be an improvement on the current movie versions.

Didn't they remake OZ a few times already?

Back