It's A Wonderful Life/Wizard of Oz are Getting A Remake

I don't get race swapping, especially for historic characters. I mean, why not portray them faithfully in movies, like they used to
View attachment 1025870
laurence-oliver-as-othello-1965-1-D.jpg

shhh we dont talk about that.

It's absurd, but almost every great movie that they could profit off of (they aren't profiting off of a remake of Tarkovsky's The Mirror for instance) has been desecrated in the past 25 years or so starting with the Psycho remake. I both care that this keeps happening and the film industry (just like the music industry) is in a godawful place save for some indies yet have been inundated with this shit so much that it just rolls off me as well because it's to be expected. Like I feel bad that Charlie Brown keeps missing that football, but you know it will keep happening.

Does anyone even remember the Robocop and Total Recall remakes (you could call Total Recall a re-adaptation, but it wasn't like The Thing where it tried to be more faithful to the novel as a big change) for instance? The Exorcist has been shit on since The Exorcist II back in the late 70's so the new one is nothing new on that front save for instead of ruining Regan they ruined Chris MacNeil. The Halloween series never needed a single sequel, but after IV it just went off the rails with every subsequent sequel. Rosemary's Baby had a made for tv sequel around 5 years after the film came out, etc. It just so happens this sort of thing happens far more now and to more than just horror. It sucks, but it's the standard.

These remakes are ruining the 1930’s

For Hollywood it’s an easy choice, they don’t have to spend nearly as much money on advertising is it’s not original material, since people already know the story and word will spread about remakes quickly.

It does blow, as imo original movies are the best kind and nowadays they tend to receive very little attention.

I heard they're remaking Boyz In The Hood with Ryan Gosling as Dough Boy and Chris Pratt as Tre....should be a banger.

There's a gradual demographic shift happening that a lot of people don't like and can't understand.
This is such an underrated post.
Word.

CUM YO TITS, FELLERS...

Pacino's Scarface and Scent of a woman were both remakes.

The Magnificent Seven was a remake. Denzel version was a remake of a remake.

The Fly with Goldblum was a remake.

The Departed with Nickolson and DeCaffeinatio was a remake (admittedly a shittier one).

Heat with Pacino and DeNiro was a remake.

The Lion King cartoon was a remake/rip-off, the action movie was a remake of a remake.

A fistful of dollars was a remake.

Ocean's 11 with Clooney was a remake.

Reservoir Dogs was a remake (ok, remake is a stretch, a rip off).

Etc.

CUM YO TITS, FELLERS...

Pacino's Scarface and Scent of a woman were both remakes.

The Magnificent Seven was a remake. Denzel version was a remake of a remake.

The Fly with Goldblum was a remake.

The Departed with Nickolson and DeCaffeinatio was a remake (admittedly a shittier one).

Heat with Pacino and DeNiro was a remake.

The Lion King cartoon was a remake/rip-off, the action movie was a remake of a remake.

A fistful of dollars was a remake.

Ocean's 11 with Clooney was a remake.

Reservoir Dogs was a remake (ok, remake is a stretch, a rip off).

Etc.
The Fly with Goldblum was an awesome remake...I forgot about that one. Of course my favorite scene is when hes giving it to Geena Davis

Back