It's A Wonderful Life/Wizard of Oz are Getting A Remake

The Fly with Goldblum was an awesome remake...I forgot about that one. Of course my favorite scene is when hes giving it to Geena Davis
Geena Davis...

tenor.gif

What's the success rate of black or female remakes of old movies? Maybe the Wiz 50 years ago, if you even consider that a remake, and the Nutty Professor 30 years ago probably did moderately well because Eddie Murphy was hugely famous, and about 700 complete flops since.

What's the success rate of black or female remakes of old movies? Maybe the Wiz 50 years ago, if you even consider that a remake, and the Nutty Professor 30 years ago probably did moderately well because Eddie Murphy was hugely famous, and about 700 complete flops since.
If they didn’t make money, they wouldn’t make them.

If they didn’t make money, they wouldn’t make them.
You would think, but they regularly lose money and still keep making them. The Annie remake lost money despite them giving it a bunch of golden globes, the black wonder years got canceled almost immediately, the woke twilight zone got canceled, saved by the bell remake was a disaster, karate kid remakes lost money, they had to push the opening for Snow White back another year, the Ghostbusters flooped and lost over $70 million, but here they are trying again.

I would be apprehensive at best. They will definitely take liberties under the current status quo with the stories narrative. The casting changes I couldn’t seriously give less of a fuck about.

we all know a Harry Potter remake is incoming

You would think, but they regularly lose money and still keep making them. The Annie remake lost money despite them giving it a bunch of golden globes, the black wonder years got canceled almost immediately, the woke twilight zone got canceled, saved by the bell remake was a disaster, karate kid remakes lost money, they had to push the opening for Snow White back another year, the Ghostbusters flooped and lost over $70 million, but here they are trying again.
So the Ghostbusters is a black version of Ghostbusters because it had one black person in it?
Also, there are probably plenty that make money. These are just the ones you picked. There are more.

Whatever. It’s not like Hollywood is making tons of great movies anyway. Slavery, race or gender swaps, and capitalism bad. Those are your choices. Sit back and watch the fireworks. Or the originals, which this wouldn’t diminish anyway

I freely admit to taking a sadistic pleasure in watching films like Ghostbusters 2016, The Marvels, Snow White etc failing so spectacularly.

"I love the smell of Woke crashing and burning in the morning. Smells like...victory" ;)

I freely admit to taking a sadistic pleasure in watching films like Ghostbusters 2016, The Marvels, Snow White etc failing so spectacularly.

"I love the smell of Woke crashing and burning in the morning. Smells like...victory" ;)
I just can’t muster the energy to really give a damn lol. I think it is dumb, and will say it, but that’s the extent of my fucks given.

The Marvels was the MCU's biggest flop. They're still going ahead with a Fantastic Four movie where Susan Storm is the central character. :rolleyes:

I don't really care when they blackwash/genderswap a movie. I usually just don't watch them because they are unoriginal and suck. In this case I wouldn't have ever watched no matter who was in it. It is my all time favorite movie that is perfect. There is no need to remake it, and I will not taint my memory of it. . It will bomb though because it was race swapped like all the others. Just a lack of quality writers and smart studio heads. They usually bomb so how they get green lit is beyond me.

Black Annie failed.
Black Little Mermaid failed compared to what it could have done.
Black Can't Buy Me Love failed.
Black About Last Night failed.
Black Cinderella has failed a few different times.
Black Wonder Years is a bomb.
Black Steel Magnolias bombed.
Black Karate Kid sucked ass.
Female Oceans 11 bombed.
Female Ghostbusters bombed.
Female The Hustler bombed (Hustlers)
Female Back To School Bombed (Life of The Party)

You know what doesn't bomb? Quality original movies and shows with diverse casts.

So the Ghostbusters is a black version of Ghostbusters because it had one black person in it?
Also, there are probably plenty that make money. These are just the ones you picked. There are more.
I love black actors, actresses and productions....Jordan Peele is one of my favorite film makers right now. But these race/gender swapping of original properties almost never work out. The only one I can think of is The Equalizer and that was based off a shitty TV show.

I don't really care when they blackwash/genderswap a movie. I usually just don't watch them because they are unoriginal and suck. In this case I wouldn't have ever watched no matter who was in it. It is my all time favorite movie that is perfect. There is no need to remake it, and I will not taint my memory of it. . It will bomb though because it was race swapped like all the others. Just a lack of quality writers and smart studio heads. They usually bomb so how they get green lit is beyond me.

Black Annie failed.
Black Little Mermaid failed compared to what it could have done.
Black Can't Buy Me Love failed.
Black About Last Night failed.
Black Cinderella has failed a few different times.
Black Wonder Years is a bomb.
Black Steel Magnolias bombed.
Black Karate Kid sucked ass.
Female Oceans 11 bombed.
Female Ghostbusters bombed.
Female The Hustler bombed (Hustlers)
Female Back To School Bombed (Life of The Party)

You know what doesn't bomb? Quality original movies and shows with diverse casts.

You can add The Marvels to that list. Didn't even make back it's $275 Million budget.

Snow White is such a dumpster fire that Disney has pushed it back to 2025.

Echo was originally eight episodes long, but the finished product was so bad, Disney cut it down to five episodes and dumped them all on Disney Plus the same day. That's never happened before; Disney release their MCU shows one episode per week.

Yes, Harriet Potter...A black female trans wizard. As much as I am joking, they just did it with Doctor Who so I may not be off.

I actually quite like the new doctor so far....mind you, I liked the actor in Sex Education too.

I actually quite like the new doctor so far....mind you, I liked the actor in Sex Education too.
The actor is fine. But in the first 5 minutes of the new deal, they introduced a mix reace trans character being bullied by white teens. Then the rest of the episode about that...The showrunner literally complained about agenda driven programs, and then green lights this garbage.

Back