Its time for machida to hang them up

thegrapplingdum

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As a big machida fan(the figther who got me into mma) i must say its time for him to retire,he is just a shadow of his former self

his speed,timing just arent there 100% percent anymore and i dont want to see him get knocked out anymore,he hasnt been looking the same lately
what was the last time anyone remembers being dominated like that pre luke?

he looked nervous in the fight,even in an interview he said he wasnt feeling like himself lately

he had a good career,i dont want to see him fall into obscurity
and become one of those guys who just hang around for too long...

I'm on the fence. I certainly don't want to see him take anymore crushing defeats like last night or his loss to Jones.

On the other hand I'm a huge fan and wouldn't mind seeing him take another one or two fights and go out on a win.

He could have one last fight with shogun and hang them up
and yeah it would be sad to see him lose anymore at this point

he looked very bad in his last two fights

Nah, he'll be fine. He just has to start taking mid-tier comp instead of top 5 guys. I think since they both got destroyed badly by Rockhold that Vitor vs. Machida would be a great fight to make!

Nah, he'll be fine. He just has to start taking mid-tier comp instead of top 5 guys. I think since they both got destroyed badly by Rockhold that Vitor vs. Machida would be a great fight to make!

wait, what? you mean Weidman?

Last edited:
He's not looking like there are any more wins, against big name fighters, left in him.

Honestly i think his heart is not in it anymore. He was doing fine against rockhold and romero until he got taken down. As soon as they got on top machida just folded.

Honestly i think his heart is not in it anymore. He was doing fine against rockhold and romero until he got taken down. As soon as they got on top machida just folded.

That Romero stoppage looked suprisingly easy. Takedown then elbows and thats it. Granted, them elbows looked very unpleasant

Large cage Machida bro

I'd like to see machida fight bisping who's ranked 10 and see how that plays out. He's clearly not top 5 anymore but There's lots of good match ups for him at LHW And MW. If he wins the next two or three in a row all we be forgotten. I think it takes a 5 fight losing streak for him to retire.

It has to be hard to stay motivated after losing a title shot late in your career. And then he took that beating from Rockhold. IMO, i am not sure if i would question his heart , but rather his motivation and chin. I mean Machida was never known as a guy with a Diaz chin, but recently he is more hittable and his chin isn't holding up to well. I know Yoel is a powerful man, but those short elbows put out Machida's lights real quick.

I'd like to see machida fight bisping who's ranked 10 and see how that plays out. He's clearly not top 5 anymore but There's lots of good match ups for him at LHW And MW. If he wins the next two or three in a row all we be forgotten. I think it takes a 5 fight losing streak for him to retire.

Machida vs Bisping would be a great matchup and makes sense since they're both at the end of their careers.

Machida should retire, and two guys that should do so right along with him are Shogun and Frank Mir.

And Big Nog.

He is certainly past his prime and no longer a contender. But, after a decent layoff of 6-12 months, I'd like to see a couple more against other past-their-prime non-contenders such as Bisping and Vitor, if he still wants to fight.

I agree. He's a great fighter and person and doesn't really have anything to prove.

One of the guys I really don't want to see stay too long.

I'm thinking he should go out on a win, but he doesn't look like himself anymore. I hope he can bounce back, but it may be time to retire, if not now, then soon.

Back