Media Izzy explains his erratic post fight antics

Izzy was correct to say what he did. DDP was wrong to insinuate he was African.
Born there, grew up there, speaks a language unique to Africa, in an accent unique to the continent, lives there still, trains there, came up through the local mma scene there.
I think Izzy is some sort of Millenial child-man.
Oh, he definitely is.

It was Izzy who first attacked Dircus for being African. What a liar.

The African thing is just a story to sell to the WWE fans. Whatever, both guys get paid more and it's better than them just fighting for no reason. I think they need to even step up the racism/nationalism until it becomes Colby/Chael levels and just blow this into a 1M+ PPV fight.

I think DDP's comments are being purposely misinterpreted. I'm pretty sure his point was he is a product of the African MMA scene and fought for African MMA promotions while the other three African UFC Champions left Africa for training and are more products of New Zealand, French and American MMA. Izzy made it all racial and DDP didn't want to have anything to do with that.

How is DDP not African?

I think it's similar to how some Americans or Europeans scoff at Asians, Mexicans or other minorities when they claim to be "American" or "European" since they are several generations in said region.

Izzy is probably implying "How am I not African when I am black and you are white. DDP's ancestors came to Africa and were never its original inhabitants."

I think that's the rationale.

I think it's similar to how some Americans or Europeans scoff at Asians, Mexicans or other minorities when they claim to be "American" or "European" since they are several generations in said region.

Izzy is probably implying "How am I not African when I am black and you are white. DDP's ancestors came to Africa and were never its original inhabitants."

1. Izzy was born in Nigeria and lived there for 10 years.
2. He never said DDP wasn't african I believe.
3. Asians and Mexicans immigrated to Europe and the USA.The dutch colonized south africa. Not saying that makes DDP not an african but the context isn't the same and Apartheid only ended in the mid 90s.

How many servants Izzy's family used to have back in the day when they lived in Nigeria?

It doesn't because many other fighters have done the same shit, so why does Izzy think that just because DDP is white that he cannot claim the same status?? The idiots in the background who are from NZ or the USA acting like because DDP said he is Arican he wants to be black....WTF is this racist BS and why is it some accept this and think its cool??? Sorry but fuck Izzy and his racist BS...he can go fuck himself, he doesn't get away with it just because he is black.

Last edited:

This is just wild.

Imagine Gane and Vettori arguing, who is more European…

He planned that cringe shit days in advance. That makes it so much worse.

hate this clown.

DDP drew first blood & deserved that rant.

DDP’s pov is that he was born there & stayed there to train while other Africans split to train & now live elsewhere. Izzy’s pov is that South Africa was taken by force, by DDP’s ancestors who enslaved the locals to take over the region, so DDP isn’t a "true African."

Izzy haz alwayz had a point. His drunken execution wasn't coherent, but now that we know the history, it's clear that DDP needed to be checked on his "wording" from saying he is a "true African."

I'm glad Izzy checked him on that. I didn't care for his drunken delivery, but in the end, it did the job... & don't look now, but that's all we're talking about, so mission accomplished on the "fight hype" side of things for what was otherwise an opponent that most casuals don't even know. He's now on the tip of everyone's tongue, so it worked... & Izzy has an opponent whom the casualz will know & either root for or against.

Brilliant really... as sorted as it waz.

Last edited:
I've pretty much already expressed my thoughts.

Dricus shouldn't have phrased it that way, but has since corrected and clarified what he was saying. I still think it was just a shot at Izzy specifically and not Kamaru and Ngannou. I think he was just trying to get under Izzy's skin for living in NZ instead of Africa.

I get why Izzy and others took it the way they did too.

My only problem is Izzy trying to bait Dricus. That shit was wild. And I'm really just not a fan of using this angle to promote a fight. South Africa is a racial hotbed. They should tell both of these guys to chill with that shit going forward. It's unnecessary.

Adesanya tried to say Whittaker wasn’t a New Zealnder because he lived in Australia, even though Rob was born in NZ and his mom is Māori from there.

Adesanya this is a hypocrite to get mad at this.

Transracial fighters, who saw this shit coming?

Back