Izzy got lucky in the last Periera fight. He was losing convincingly, the worst he has ever looked against Alex.

Leon Edwards

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Izzy was losing badly, he lost the first and was getting hammered in the second he could barely stand.

Alex was making it look easy, Alex made a mistake which cost him the fight.

The thing about this fight is that out of all their fights this is the one where Alex dominated.

Izzy looked lost

Last edited:
Izzy wins once out of every 10 times against Alex. He'd lose 6 in a row now if they fought, it's bro science.

PS: get these fucking ad's outta the way so we can type!!!! How long do we have to wait till someone fixes this crap? It's makes this site very difficult to use. #modsfixthisshit

Last edited:
thats mma though. things can change fast.

take a shot to the head. gas tank being empty. all of a sudden a fighter is making bad decisions. this is what makes mma special

It is true and it is very relevant given the talk about him fighting DDP. Adesanya has only won one of his last 3 fights and he was getting smashed in that one too before he pulled it out of the fire.

Adesanya looked like complete shit in his last fight. His opponent even went so far as to say he felt like he was fighting an amateur. And yet people want him to get a title shot from it.

Izzy was losing badly, he lost the first and was getting hammered in the second he could barely stand.

Alex was making it look easy, Alex made a mistake which cost him the fight.

The thing about this fight is that out of all their fights this is the one where Alex dominated.

Izzy looked lost
its just nature of the game or any sport really. he still had the defense to stay standing after all those hits so you can't say that win was completely unwarranted and a fluke.

Sounds like Alex shouldn't have gotten caught by that counter again. He got by with it in their first MMA fight.
Izzy has caught him every time they've fought. It was only a matter of time until he got the right placement.

While I agree that Alex was chewing him up, especially with the leg kicks, I will disagree with the ending being pure luck.

Alex had started to get a bit too comfortable in a couple of the exchanges prior, and was dropping his hands before and after throwing combos.

Izzy kept his hands up, and timed those hands drops of Alex perfectly with a counter that shut his lights out.

It wasn't luck, but seeing and acting on a pattern.

Hopefully Alex corrects that if a fourth fight does occur.

Izzy wins once out of every 10 times against Alex. He'd lose 6 in a row now if they fought, it's bro science.

PS: get these fucking ad's outta the way so we can type!!!! How long do we have to wait till someone fixes this crap?
Dude I thought it was just me, this shit is ridiculous right now. Its been bad before but even when you click the x on them another just pops up and sometimes the entire outer screen as well.

PS: get these fucking ad's outta the way so we can type!!!! How long do we have to wait till someone fixes this crap?
You too? I thought my phone got AIDS from browsing sure dog

It's true that Pereira was winning the fight, but Izzy clearly and convincingly won the fight. He KO Alex, and I don't believe it was luck either. Izzy and Eugene Bareman are too good for that. I think they found the right hole in Alex's game and drilled the right strategy to take advantage of it. It took time to implement it in the fight because Alex is so good over all, but they got it done and it wasn't an accident.

Back