Izzy can't stand the shine that Alex is getting

Realistically I think a good amount of hate he gets is down to politics, he's viewed as the "lib enemy" by a lot of conservative MMA fans but still he's not doing himself any favour at all the way he's acted in the last year.

The strange thing is it looked like the win over Alex was going to result in the reverse, Izzy's a couple of years younger and with Alex's kickboxing career you could argue he's the more worn fighter, people on Sherdog were predicting Alex's decline pretty confidently.

Personally I think its a case were "Dana Privilege" has hurt a fighter, the way he was able to duck a 3rd match with Alex and take what he thought was an easy fight with Stickland was not good for him at all as a fighter, sitting on a win when your 1-3 against comeone in such a petty fashion and then losing so badly.

As far as "representing Africa" I do think DDP has got a bit of a nerve to claim to be doing that given South African history.

I don't think its politics, I think Izzy as a person has been so spoiled by his parents and so isolated he never learned how to deal with the real world in a mature fashion tbh sir.

Alex is going to fight at HW. Why the hell would Izzy say "Yea I want to fight him" when it's not even possible?

He'd be lying otherwise. If Pereira cane come down to MW, they can fight. To expect Izzy to move up is kind of crazy. He's not built for LHW. Meanwhile Pereira is a HUGE LHW.

I don't think its politics, I think Izzy as a person has been so spoiled by his parents and so isolated he never learned how to deal with the real world in a mature fashion tbh sir.
I think a good deal of it is politics, Sherdog is very heavy on the culture war right winger, just look at Rousey.

More recently thought I'd agree there are plenty of other reasons for people to dislike him.

I think his fanbase has gone a bit nuts as well, perhaps because again events have unfolded in exactly the opposite fashion they expected since his win over Alex.

Username doesn't check out, should change it to simpforizzy.

Still not sure why you're white knighting for him, he won't fuck you dude. Actually scratch that, maybe he will.

<Grimes01>

lmao white knighting him is pointing out the details and nuances of his quadrilogy with Alex?

your inability to deal with reality is hilarious. Reality is its "3-1" to Alex, but he literally got his ass saved in one (two if you count the luck of the bell) of those fights - he's lucky to be here.

So who's really whiteknighting?

And nothing is wrong with that, many africans would support Izzy against DDP because they are racist

Why isn't there anything wrong with that? First off, it's not true. I don't think they are supporting Strickland because he is white. And secondly, just because other people are also racist does not excuse racism, that's some terrible logic.

Last edited:
I think a good deal of it is politics, Sherdog is very heavy on the culture war right winger, just look at Rousey.

More recently thought I'd agree there are plenty of other reasons for people to dislike him.

I think his fanbase has gone a bit nuts as well, perhaps because again events have unfolded in exactly the opposite fashion they expected since his win over Alex.

His fanbase is pretty petty too so I guess that works lol

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but Adesanya strikes me as a very similar mental make up to Kobe Bryant. Gifted physical talent, emotionally stunted, socially awkward, contributing to a God complex, stripping him of the coping skills to handle defeat, or his competitors' success

Last edited:
Australians have a terrible history as far as race relations are concerned, check out their history with the aboriginies, so the racist comment isn't without some merit. Du Plessis is a decendant of the Huguenot people so him "not being African" is technically true if you trace his ancestry, although if you trace back anyone's ancestry we all end up in Africa so I've never understood this argument or racism in general for that matter but idiots are going to be idiots. As for Izzy and Alex it's like Biggie and Pac, you can like BOTH. I liked Alex before he got here and of course I followed Izzy in our local scene.

Bruh, you understand why history is history? Because it's not current, but history. Just because things happened in the past, doesn't mean it's still happening now. Go back in history of any country and you'll find all kinds of terrible things happened there. So should I judge everybody by the terrible things that happened in their country's past? That's some retarded xenophobic and racist logic.

your inability to deal with reality is hilarious. Reality is its "3-1" to Alex, but he literally got his ass saved in one (two if you count the luck of the bell) of those fights - he's lucky to be here.
LOL IDGAF one way or another, just find it funny you're posting non stop in this thread trying to defend Izzy and coming off like a fucking weirdo just like your butt buddy Izzy.

LMAO @ "the australia fans cheered for Sean and not me cause they're racist"

No you whiny narcissist little twat, they cheered for Sean cause he's actually got natural charisma unlike your cringy ass. I really don't think his ego would let him wrap his head around that. Izzy spent his entire career (personality wise I mean, not fight wise) trying to be something he's not. That week in Australia he had to face the brutal truth about it.

Lol at try hard Strickland having "natural charisma". You said that Izzy is trying to be something he's not but what is Sean, then?

Izzy is right. We just have to look at comments like yours to see that most of you'll are biased and have double standards. Strickland talked a lot of shit (but can't handle the backlash), threaten to stab peoples and tries to be edgy but what he's do is "oddly" acceptable.

Having said that, people are acting really dumb about Izzy not wanting to fight Alex again. When he says he already beat him, it's because he just wanted to prove he could beat him after having lost to him 3 times. That's all he wanted to prove to himself. He doesn't care about who has the most wins over the other. And he doesn't owe you haters a fucking thing, so don't pretend there is any more reasons for him to fight Alex if he isn't interested in settling a score only you care about.

Also in my eyes he is 2-2 with Alex because he should have gotten the W in their first fight. And many great strikers like WB, MM and Gabriel Vargas agree.

LOL IDGAF one way or another, just find it funny you're posting non stop in this thread trying to defend Izzy and coming off like a fucking weirdo just like your butt buddy Izzy.

lmao of course you don't, your'e a rock brain butt hurt keyboard tapper. I get it, you're dumb AF and have your opinions, your special fighters you simp for and won't be swayed otherwise. Least of all by objective fact.

And lmao the irony, you need some context for what sort of company you keep with this echo chamber of online losers?

- we are commenting in a thread 7 pages long, that's based on another butthurt individual like your self, taking Izzy merely saying "I don't wanna fight Alex anymore, I have my 1 KO im happy with it" and extrapolating that into "Izzy can't stand the shine Alex is getting". A 7 page thread, based on some loser like yourself, totally taking something out of context and blowing it up into something else. Sherdog might be the only place this could happen.

I am merely keeping it real and objective, you and your circle of low IQ online MMA "fans" are the ones with the obvious problem.

and unlike you rock brained freaks, everything I say, I back up with facts and examples, something fn kids learn in school before they are 10.
Go look at yours and the other sherdoggers posts, you can't do this - just furthermore indicating your opinions are purely the product of your butthurt delusions.

WTF? If you'd ever been to an Australian UFC card, we cheer nearly everyone, regardless of their skin color. The only ones we boo are when the fighter is a giant douche.

Go back through all the other Australian cards and show us some examples of Australians booing non-white fighters... yeah, you have fucking nothing.

"muh racism" is a lame excuse so he doesn't have to admit that people don't like him because he has given the fans PLENTY of reasons to dislike him.
This doesn’t prove Australians aren’t racist

I’m not saying they are either but whether a crowd at a sporting event claps none white people or not proves nothing

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but Adesanya strikes me as a very similar mental make up to Kobe Bryant. Gifted physical talent, emotionally stunted, socially awkward, contributing to a God complex, stripping him of the coping skills to handle defeat, or his competitors' success

Im not gonna flame you for it, that's actually a pretty good comparison except Koby was far more mature in public sttings for the most part.

Having said that, people are acting really dumb about Izzy not wanting to fight Alex again. When he says he already beat him, it's because he just wanted to prove he could beat him after having lost to him 3 times. That's all he wanted to prove to himself. He doesn't care about who has the most wins over the other. And he doesn't owe you haters a fucking thing, so don't pretend there is any more reasons for him to fight Alex if he isn't interested in settling a score only you care about.

Also in my eyes he is 2-2 with Alex because he should have gotten the W in their first fight. And many great strikers like WB, MM and Gabriel Vargas agree.
100%, Alex is the one calling for the 5th, Izzy is the one thats content.

Its amazing how these butthurt sherdog bozos will ignore the objective fact of what the very two fighters involved are asking for - and instead make up their own stupid takes on it. shows how pathetic most of this forum is @StonedLemur

Of course Alex is asking for it, he wants that flagship moment vs Izzy. He has a great comeback fight, an embarrassing fight where he was TKO'd on the feet and became a charity case in front of his home crowd, but what he doesn't have over Izzy, is what Izzy did to him.

So ofc he wants a 5th.

100%, Alex is the one calling for the 5th, Izzy is the one thats content.

Its amazing how these butthurt sherdog bozos will ignore the objective fact of what the very two fighters involved are asking for - and instead make up their own stupid takes on it. shows how pathetic most of this forum is @StonedLemur

Of course Alex is asking for it, he wants that flagship moment vs Izzy. He has a great comeback fight, an embarrassing fight where he was TKO'd on the feet and became a charity case in front of his home crowd, but what he doesn't have over Izzy, is what Izzy did to him.

So ofc he wants a 5th.

More importantly, Alex doesn't want to face a grappler. But don't tell that to the blind nuthuggers, they'll have a stroke over it lol

As soon as Alex won, Izzy made a post about KO’ing him. He’s literally the guy watching someone achieve greatness while sitting at the bar “on break” telling everyone about the 1 time out of 4 that he beat the champ lol.

It was a bad look IMO. Izzy is an MMA legend and could have just gave props on Alex’s day. Fighters look so bad when rhey try to make someone else’s win about them, especially if they aren’t trying to set up a fight.

As soon as Alex won, Izzy made a post about KO’ing him. He’s literally the guy watching someone achieve greatness while sitting at the bar “on break” telling everyone about the 1 time out of 4 that he beat the champ lol.

It was a bad look IMO. Izzy is an MMA legend and could have just gave props on Alex’s day. Fighters look so bad when rhey try to make someone else’s win about them, especially if they aren’t trying to set up a fight.

You mean after the Jiri win?

This doesn’t prove Australians aren’t racist

I’m not saying they are either but whether a crowd at a sporting event claps none white people or not proves nothing
Yeah but my point is Izzy saying people were booing him at the UFC because of racism was clearly just a lame ass excuse so he doesn't admit he's an unlikable assclown... or you'd see other black dudes getting booed as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back