Izzy got robbed. Was it a good/bad stoppage?

Good stoppage?

• Yes

• Early

Results are only viewable after voting.
His chin isnt very strong or big.

The ref did him a favor.

I would of preferred a later stoppage I think most of us just bleed fans do. It would leave no doubt however it would of hurt Izzys brain and chin more which is better for Alex in their rematch.

Izzy had zero interest in trying to finish that fight. 25 mins is a lot of opportunity for a talented striker.
To be fair, Pereira might have been saved by the bell in the first. I think OP might be a bit right; Izzy wins this fight if he doesn't care about finishing.

Bobbing and weaving and putting your hands up while on your feet, is not defending?
um

he did not have his hands up when it got stopped. He had been dropped to his knees had taken several clean shots, and literally looked like a crack fiend with his head down, weaving in slow motion

good stoppage imo. Unless you wanted to see Izzy knocked stone dead i guess

Unbiased take: Champs winning in the last round and ref should have let the champ fight to the end, but izzy was staring at the ground and not defending himself. Ultimately izzy has to take responsibility for trying to rope-a-dope alex because that's too dangerous for a fighter like alex and it worked a little bit earlier in the fight but not in the last round when alex is emptying the gas tank and needing a KO.

He was out on his feet. Great stoppage. Copium is strong from Tittysanya fans.

It was the most “5th round” 5th round I’ve ever seen, I think Pereira just dug deep and flicked the switch.

Initially i thought early stoppage. Then after the replay, izzy would have got cte if the fight continued.

What the fuck? His left hand is nothing special aside from its speed. He never sniped guys with it (unlike Conor), it was rather one dimensional (always thrown to the head and never hooked), and it was used to flatten mostly grapplers like Dan Henderson, Matt Lindland, Rich Franklin. He got owned by a far better left hand in Kelvin Gastelum. No one who has done any striking training would make those claims of yours.
he fought kelvin at like 40. you’re clearly trolling. how about akiyama? rich franklin? wanderlei silva? crawl back in your cubby, goofball.

It’s gotta big Izzy deep down. To know Alex has beat him 3 times and has his number when he completely outclasses everyone else.
He low key knew it. He was rooting for Strickland hard, despite Strickland embarrassing him at the press conference. He was shook this would happen. He did his best, but it was a manifestation.

Ref gave his brain another 10 years of health, spared him from the shadowrealm.

Early maybe, but for getting exiting championship fights at mw, id allow it.

Great chin Izzy showed but Alex is fuking dangerous

Back