Izzy is acting so different this time

Laser-focused. Not that I doubted he would be, regardless of how he behaved, but I'm glad to see it.

As 'shook' as some might claim Izzy to be, Alex should be equally concerned. As we all know, it's not like he steamrolled Izzy in their kickboxing matches, despite one being a KO win...and now it is in a very different domain with different consequences going forward.

Of course Izzy's reign and legacy are in play here, but the stakes are very high for Alex too...a win not only means he becomes champ, but he very likely is looking at a rematch with Izzy next in which he would be supremely confident and a massive favourite to cement his status...whereas a loss leaves him amongst all the contenders and looking at an entirely differently opponent, probably multiple fights away from another title shot.

The pressure on both of these guys (but particularly Izzy) must be enormous...

The press conference was so much different than his usual shtick. He was quiet, didn't talk or hype himself as much and mentioned in other interviews that this will be different, that alex should be the favorite and the fight will be unlike anything else before. He almost always shows off his nail polish before fights but he didn't this time.
Big fan and while I wouldn't say Izzy is scared, he's definitely nervous. Dude was looking around in the staredown until Alex told him to look at him. It took a while for Izzy to respond to that.
Hype. Don't know how this nervoureness will translate into the cage but Izzy knows this fight will be different. What do you think? haven't seen a shook thread on here so for those who watched the conference, what do you think?
At one time Pereira said: “Adesanya, do you really want to be here?” while staring at Izzy with that stare of death and Izzy not really knowing what to do.
Terrifying shit

The press conference was so much different than his usual shtick. He was quiet, didn't talk or hype himself as much and mentioned in other interviews that this will be different, that alex should be the favorite and the fight will be unlike anything else before. He almost always shows off his nail polish before fights but he didn't this time.
Big fan and while I wouldn't say Izzy is scared, he's definitely nervous. Dude was looking around in the staredown until Alex told him to look at him. It took a while for Izzy to respond to that.
Hype. Don't know how this nervoureness will translate into the cage but Izzy knows this fight will be different. What do you think? haven't seen a shook thread on here so for those who watched the conference, what do you think?
pereira is one of the best strikers I've ever seen tbh..In kickboxing or MMA.

There's a lot to be nervous about here for Adesanya.

I don’t think Israel is shook. Alex did sleep him before when Israel fought aggressively. If Israel was super careful against heavy handed guys. He is going to be hard to find for this fight. I would not be surprised if it ends up being a stinker.

Be ready for a staring contest for 25 minutes. Izzy is too smart to get caught again. This will look like the Romero fight.
Yoel was fighting with like a 7" reach disadvantage. Alex has the same reach let him come with his baby leg kicks.

As a poker player I can tell you I have nerves everytime before I sit at a table. It all goes away after the first hand or two. I'm expecting Israel to lock into the fight as soon as it starts but yeah Alex has this super serious demeanor and an intensity to him. Can't wait for this.

Yeah not the same bud

Yeah not the same bud
What do you mean? Have you ever competed in anything and seriously made it to a high level? Some people get nerves and they go away when the action starts. It's very normal. I'm not playing for cheeseburgers friend.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Have you ever competed in anything and seriously made it to a high level? Some people get nerves and they go away when the action starts. I'm not playing for cheeseburgers friend.

Your gambling addiction isn't the same. A lot of experienced fighters are so nervous they even throw up in their mouths before fights sometimes during walkout and in the cage.

Your gambling addiction isn't the same. A lot of experienced fighters are so nervous they even throw up in their mouths before fights sometimes during walkout and in the cage.
I don't have a gambling addiction. I don't bet on anything. I play poker because I'm good at it and I make money. January marks 8 years. But I think you are agreeing with me here, people get nerves it's normal. What's the issue?

A: Izzy doesn't have much ammo to shit talk with. He's been beaten twice by the guy. It would look foolish of him to throw insults at a guy who doesn't speak your language and has already beaten you twice...especially if you lose. Humble was the best way to go.

B: Izzy is focused on how to beat the savage that is Poatan and most likely has a nice dose of fear of losing his belt and thus his legacy.

C: Poatan looks at his opponents like a lion looks at it's prey: With dead, emotionless eyes, with only one job to do. In ways he reminds me of CroCop when he would stare down and opponent he didn't like. A death stare into your soul. That's enough to shake anyone a bit. That doesn't mean Izzy won't perform. It just means he definitely won't win any staredown contests against Poatan.

This is the end for the Izzy he's presented himself as. Unbeatable at middleweight, Anderson Silva times ten.

Back