Jacare vs Machida? who you got?

I think this is a strange one, jacare is unothrodox in his striking, and grappling, like Machida.
On the feet, we know both have, k.o power, if it got to the floor, jacare is as strong as they come in that division, with immense ability to hold onto opponents.
Would love to see this fight.

I think this one's easy to call. Machida stuffs him, evades his strikes and has a easy time past the 1st round as Jacare fades like he usually does.

Machida.
The only middleweight who could beat him is Weidman or Vitor in Brazil.

I like Jacare, but Machida is a nightmare match up for him. Jacare's striking is almost identical to Bader - slow footed, lacking fluidity, and over reliant on big right hands. And his footwork isn't good enough to close the distance for takedowns. For a match between elite fighters, this is about as easy to call as it gets. Jacare would inevitably run into something big as he charged forward with an overhand right. Even at full strength, the difference in quickness and technique between these two is HUGE. With Jacare's habit of slowing after the first, I don't see how he has much more than a puncher's chance.

Lyoto
UD or KO

hes just a far better striker and fighter than Jacare. Hed dictate where the fight went and i dont see Jacare closing the distance on him effectively

I like Jacare, but Machida is a nightmare match up for him. Jacare's striking is almost identical to Bader - slow footed, lacking fluidity, and over reliant on big right hands. And his footwork isn't good enough to close the distance for takedowns. For a match between elite fighters, this is about as easy to call as it gets. Jacare would inevitably run into something big as he charged forward with an overhand right. Even at full strength, the difference in quickness and technique between these two is HUGE. With Jacare's habit of slowing after the first, I don't see how he has much more than a puncher's chance.

Machida is the kryptonite to Jacare or Maia if there ever was one.

Lyoto has great TDD while Jacare has decent at best takedowns. Very unlikely he is able to get it down and even if he does Lyoto is a very legit black belt.

Eh, Mousasi took down Machida easily.

Jacare's takedowns and wrestling is literally 5x better than Mousasi's.

Easy money is on Machida. Jacare could get lucky, but he loses 9 of 10.

these media guys have jaracre ahead of machida in the mw rankings
cant say i agree

Eh, Mousasi took down Machida easily.

Jacare's takedowns and wrestling is literally 5x better than Mousasi's.

Mousasi did not get a single takedown. He did have a nice sweep. That's not a takedown. So how did get get Machida down "easy" when he was 0 for 3?

Not when machida circles away the way he does, he's going to frustrate Jacare.

Plus they're all on the same team really, so doubt they would actually fight, for now at least.

They already agreed to fight. Said they would rather not, but they will.

I see it win for Machida. TKO in the third round.

Makes sense for a title eliminator match. Picking Machida by (T)KO

If you're a Jacare fan, you shouldn't want this fight. Machida would have an easier time with Jacare than he did with Mousasi.

If you want to help Mr. Souza, give him an overrated fighter with a big name, like Bisping. If he fights Machida, he will get knocked back down the ladder, no questions asked.

Machida by owning angles, distance, timingand overall octagon control, to a solid decision win

Back