Media Jack Della Maddalena interested in fighting Shavkat Rakhmonov with a win over Burns

JDM showed during his last two fights that he would never be a champ, unless he improves or he gets really lucky.

JDM had multiple opponent changes & multiple weight cuts within a few weeks for the Hafez fight, that fight goes very differently if he trained for Hafez the whole time.
Honestly it really came down to poor fight IQ.
JDM made that fight a lot closer then he needed to by trying to get sub or show off his grappling when he really didn't need to.

He was the better fighter there, by a lot IMO but his gameplan was pretty bad. There's definitely some holes that were shown there, like him not looking great off his back.
However, I think some are a bit too harsh on him for this one and I still think he's a very dangerous guy who will cause Burns some trouble.

JDM is awesome, but not sure he beats Burns tbh. They need to have Leon fight Belal and get that squared away.

I don’t think Shavkat would fight down in the rankings at this point so close to a title shot, but wtf do I know.

JDM has some of the best boxing in the entire division imo, and Shavkat is very hittable so that makes it interesting.

I feel it would end up looking like Shavkat vs Neal though..

He's been calling out Shavkat out for a while now. I think he or his team see something they think can be exploited by his skillset.

Which tbf, is quite obvious imo. Shavkat's boxing defense is just awful and he relies entirely on his height and length to try to stay safe.

If he gets Jack to the ground it's game over, but if JDM can keep it standing, its the best boxer in the division vs a guy with terrible defense.

Let's see where Burns is at, he's been in some brutal fights as of late and he's ageing. It may not be long until he completely falls off
He’s getting up there in age and got injured in his last fight, so there obviously is a risk for that.

JDM hasn’t shown too good takedown defense and since his hands are dangerous I assume Burns is going to impose his will with grappling. We know Burns is a hell of a grappler and last he showed more of that was against Magny. He went through him like a hot knife through butter.

What I like most about Burns is that he’s a BJJ ace but he most definitely knows his wrestling. The guy has surprisingly good takedowns and even a blast double.

I hope were in for a good fight!

Finally, someone not trying to cherry pick easy fights...

Other than garry, at welterweight I’m a JDM fan. I think he could win but he would have to keep it standing. If he does I could see it being a tko from body shots or a 29-28

Let's see where Burns is at, he's been in some brutal fights as of late and he's ageing. It may not be long until he completely falls off
I have a feeling that JDM is going to spark him quickly, Burns loves to bang and banging it out with JDM is not the smartest idea.

Back