News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
Anderson is so old now, a good chance he gets slept. :(

Though I'm happy that he is going to get a big payday, if anything he will probably make more money than he ever in the UFC and that's with "Anderson Silva money" that used to be a thing.

If this happens, I want Paul to win just to keep the laughs going whenever he embarrasses these MMA bums “boxing”. Wouldn’t mind if he beats up Diaz either.

Spoken like a true Pepe icon

he has more than that and you probably have never trained. this is like being able to beat your coach after 5 years of high level professional training( not impressive). not hobby training once a day. a life style shift and access to everything a champion has from day 1. this should not surprise anyone. I'm sure there are many sherdog posters who could have tapped or beat their old instructor by the 4th year in. people age. i dont care how good you are. if you have an athlete training with the privileges jake has for that long hes dangerous to anyone because technique works especially when you have the conditioning to back it. do i think jake is anderson silva level striker in boxing or mma? no not even close. never will ever come close to what anderson has done but i certainly think a young athlete whos been training like a champ for 5 years has a good shot of ko'ing current day anderson who is old and past his prime this is why fighters need to earn their shots in these sports but jake doesn't play the sport he plays his game and looks like a fool doing it. . anderson has only shined in boxing fighting past prime old guys. he lost out of the ufc. i just think his odds to do well here are low. jake picks these fights for a reason. IMO hes a part of the process for vitor vs rahman too. these wanna be boxers who use celebrity status to push their fights are basically picking off old dudes from another sport and pretending like its something to gloat abbout. it would be so sweet if anderson and vitor get brutal kos but i think to expect that given jakes approach to picking fights i think it would be wrong.

a serious bjj student who intends to compete a lot can tap his instructor within 3-5 years.
a serious boxer who has natural ko power can easily knock out a smaller or older instructor or former pro easy within 1-3 years
technique works. it takes a mindset and and athlete to take technique and properly apply it in a live fight. but to me jake comes from so much privilege here for me its hard to give him credit until he fights a guy we can't make the same exact excuses about. either old. to small. or past prime. then it will be either someone coming off a knock out or injury. jake plays the fight game dirty. he has people calling the camps and spying to find out every detail events are leaned in his favor from the get go. i just dont see giving him credit currently. i have seen hobbyist who deserve more credit for their accomplishments in the sport./

lmao that’s complete horseshit. I’d agree if Silva had been out of the game and has been trainer full time since his UFC retirement. But no he’s been an active boxer and literally beat JCCjr as recently as last year. If you really think anybody with 4-5 years of boxing experience could beat an active 47 year old Anderson Silva you’re brain dead. Hopkins won the championship at 48. I’m not saying Silva is on Hopkins level in terms of boxing but in terms of overall striking for sure.

Some of you need to quit judging shit emotionally just cause Jake is a famous douchbag and look at things objectively. Beating Silva in a boxing match with such low fighting experience is impressive.

First it was Jake would never call out Silva, now all the sudden silva is old and Jake is picking on grandpa. Silva has looked pretty good boxing and i think Silvas speed,volume and cardio might be too much. I think it will be hard for Jake to catch Silva clean. It is definitely an interesting fight

lmao that’s complete horseshit. I’d agree if Silva had been out of the game and has been trainer full time since his UFC retirement. But no he’s been an active boxer and literally beat JCCjr as recently as last year. If you really think anybody with 4-5 years of boxing experience could beat an active 47 year old Anderson Silva you’re brain dead. Hopkins won the championship at 48. I’m not saying Silva is on Hopkins level in terms of boxing but in terms of overall striking for sure.

Some of you need to quit judging shit emotionally just cause Jake is a famous douchbag and look at things objectively. Beating Silva in a boxing match with such low fighting experience is impressive.
Silva looks slow as shit, Jccjr is a complete joke and looked like shit and it wasn't like Silva beat him handily. It was a close shitty fight.
Jake will probably beat Anderson.

maybe its a matter of perspective. but if me a nobody knocked out a 47 year old anderson silva i would feel bad about it not like i accomplished something. especially give the age gap and understanding that can happen when you have power against an old guy with diminishing reflexes
You would feel bad about knocking out an MMA goat in a sanctioned bout, ok dude lmao

just got conformed by multiple sources.

sounds like a fun fight.
who do you got?

Sauce &/or link?
ufc-sauces-19oz-ufc-banana-sauce-ketchup-641466564652.jpg

I will go with Anderson because I want a Spider comeback.

This thread needs a voting box at the beginning.
[ ] Jake Paul
[X] Anderson Silva
Yeah, might as well have a poll if it looks like this might happen.

@PUO3 @Kung Fu Kowboy @helax can someone add a "Who wins?" poll?
Jake Paul
Anderson Silva

<mma4>
I like it if it's legit.

Anderson looked pretty good against Tito. But Jake is no joke. Could go either way. I'm 50/50 right now, or maybe 51/49 in favor of Jake.

TS who is you AV is as important a question as will Anderoid will allowed to juice or pulse given his advanced age

Reactions: TR1
Anderson is approaching 50, in his prime he would have won easily but he's very far past his prime.

At least Jake is fighting a bigger opponent this time. Anderson should be way more comfortable at 190 than Askren or Woodley.

Back