News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
If that were true why do guys like Michael Jordan's sons never make the NBA even though they tried and had everything you describe and more being sons of the best basketball player ever? Why is every trust fund baby not a professional athlete, musician, actor, etc? You must not actually watch much sports because none of the things you describe make successful athletes, it is overwhelmingly the opposite.
Well, for starters, basketball has a way larger talent pool than boxing. Boxing is still pretty taboo and not many parents let their kids do it for the head trauma aspect.

On top of that, growing up rich and pampered is very different than what happened to the Paul Bros. They grew up working class but learned how to hustle and made a fortune on YT. They were good, not great, athletes who had found the value in hard work, could afford the best roids, beat coaches, and surrounded themselves with the best coaches and sparring partners.

A better analogy may be Rahman's son, who had to come up thru the ammy ranks but when it came time to fight Jake he had to cut a ton of weight on a short notice and then could not. Jake is the A side and can stack the deck in his favor. There are still many ammy fighters that could piece him up badly, but he won't ever have to fight them. He is the A side so can continue to call the shots and when he eventually does lose it will probably be to someone like Canelo, where even taking a loss won't hurt that much.

Jake is a talent, but not like Wilder who won an Olympic medal with just a few years of experience. Put him against any top 100 cruiser weight and he will look a whole lot different. I think he deserves tremendous props but has a long way to go before he is near a contender.

Pm me and we’ll see who knows more about this business

I worked for ufc for 10 years
Boxing 20 years
Dad is in boxing hall of fame

we’ll see who’s pretending

I think you’re quite ignorant …. This is a business first and foremost
Don't believe you In any case.

Nobody with skin In the game talks or thinks like you.

Your takes are also awful and showcase very clearly that you don't know what you're watching.

You're drunk, lost a bet against Jake Paul and are upset about it. No need to pretend to be some sort of boxing aficionado.

At the very least, come with something that doesn't make you look like an average, emotionally touched casual.

I made it through the ENTIRETY of Bellator and UFC* cards, tuned in midway through Avila vs. Dr. Mike whoever the hell that is. Fell asleep at the start of the co main. Woke up about an hour after the main LOL. I tried but damn it too many fights in one day is a problem I want to have more often.

Well, for starters, basketball has a way larger talent pool than boxing. Boxing is still pretty taboo and not many parents let their kids do it for the head trauma aspect.

On top of that, growing up rich and pampered is very different than what happened to the Paul Bros. They grew up working class but learned how to hustle and made a fortune on YT. They were good, not great, athletes who had found the value in hard work, could afford the best roids, beat coaches, and surrounded themselves with the best coaches and sparring partners.

A better analogy may be Rahman's son, who had to come up thru the ammy ranks but when it came time to fight Jake he had to cut a ton of weight on a short notice and then could not. Jake is the A side and can stack the deck in his favor. There are still many ammy fighters that could piece him up badly, but he won't ever have to fight them. He is the A side so can continue to call the shots and when he eventually does lose it will probably be to someone like Canelo, where even taking a loss won't hurt that much.

Jake is a talent, but not like Wilder who won an Olympic medal with just a few years of experience. Put him against any top 100 cruiser weight and he will look a whole lot different. I think he deserves tremendous props but has a long way to go before he is near a contender.

Top 100! seems a bit much imo, Anderson beat a former washed champ in Chavez Jr.
Plus I believe Paul has mentioned that he plans to fight at light heavyweight where his power will be more effective.

I don't give a shit

Even if you did know some things about boxing, you're obviously way too emotionally touched by this to be logical. You come off like someone who's drunk, just lost a big bet and haven't come to terms yet.

Everyone from Anderson to GSP, Adesanya, O Malley, Zab Judah, DC, Mosley and a bunch of others have given him respect.

He was impressive tonight.

Jab was good, both to the head and the body so I have no clue what you were watching. He wasn't throwing it much because he was fighting a southpaw.

His defense and instincts were good, covered up well and circled off the ropes well. He was a difficult target to hit. You can tell he worked a lot on defense.

His body work was solid, left hook was solid, obviously his overhand right is always there.

I think his ability to manage distance, utilize feints, reflexes and counters also showed some Improvement.

Could move a bit better on that back foot and fight better on the inside. Seemed a little lost there during moments he didn't circle out.

Overall It was a good performance, solid improvements shown. He was impressive.

He's been training for like 3-4 years. Relative to his level of his experience, he's good. Has shown genuine talent, technique, heart, ability to take a shot, fighters Instincts. He's got a reasonable ceiling for this.

Anyone saying otherwise can't judge ability for shit or are simply too biased to be taken seriously.

Nobody believes you're a boxing coach dude. You're an average sherdogger who probably lost a bet, drunk and are here coping hard.

dude c'mon anyone who knows boxing knows Anderson took two rounds off because of a handshake. Going in to the last round it was tied and anderson slipped. Cmon

I don't give a shit

Even if you did know some things about boxing, you're obviously way too emotionally touched by this to be logical. You come off like someone who's drunk, just lost a big bet and haven't come to terms yet.

Everyone from Anderson to GSP, Adesanya, O Malley, Zab Judah, DC, Mosley and a bunch of others have given him respect.

He was impressive tonight.

Jab was good, both to the head and the body so I have no clue what you were watching. He wasn't throwing it much because he was fighting a southpaw.

His defense and instincts were good, covered up well and circled off the ropes well. He was a difficult target to hit. You can tell he worked a lot on defense.

His body work was solid, left hook was solid, obviously his overhand right is always there.

I think his ability to manage distance, utilize feints, reflexes and counters also showed some Improvement.

Could move a bit better on that back foot and fight better on the inside. Seemed a little lost there during moments he didn't circle out.

Overall It was a good performance, solid improvements shown. He was impressive.

He's been training for like 3-4 years. Relative to his level of his experience, he's good. Has shown genuine talent, technique, heart, ability to take a shot, fighters Instincts. He's got a reasonable ceiling for this.

Anyone saying otherwise can't judge ability for shit or are simply too biased to be taken seriously.

Nobody believes you're a boxing coach dude. You're an average sherdogger who probably lost a bet, drunk and are here coping hard.

Honestly as far as major issues with his skills the main thing was the inside fighting. Otherwise he showed major improvement from his last fight. He clearly has power. If he keeps sharpening his tool-set and work on the inside fighting he can do much better than anybody had ever expected of him.

Pm me and we’ll see who knows more about this business

I worked for ufc for 10 years
Boxing 20 years
Dad is in boxing hall of fame

we’ll see who’s pretending

I think you’re quite ignorant …. This is a business first and foremost

your-daddy.gif

If you were Dana white and you wanted to embarrass Jake paul, which UFC fighter would you send out to box him. (Has to be a middleweight or smaller). Since you are trying to embarrass Jake, you'd wanna pick a fighter relatively low on the "hierarchy"

I'd think robocop should be good enough to do the job
Alex Pereira

Quite impressive performance by Jake. Will he ever get props for being a quite skilled boxer even if most hate him? Quite sad performance by Silva though - gun shy as he quite often is. In the UFC he never used his kicks post Weidman, but maybe it didn't have as much to do with the injury but rather him just settling with not being aggressive for periods of time. Never understood how boxing can be so popular, the hugging and the clown gloves breaks the action too much, it's just so boring most of the time.

You do what with clown shoes? Have fun with that.

Most famous striker who is double Paul’s age, has a 1-7-NC in his last 9 fights before getting booted.

Totally going to have to cope and figure out how to work through these feelings about some dude I don’t know personally and who was never a favorite fighter who lost to another dude I don’t know in a sport different than what he is famous for. How will I manage?
you’re doing a bad job at not sounding like you’re coping.

Went exactly how i thought it would. Props to Jake Paul. Hes putting in the work and improving each fight. I wanted Silva to win but knew age would be a huge factor.
Next Jake Paul needs to box a legitimate boxer with a real record if he wants to be taken seriously.

Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva: Post-Fight Press Conference | SHOWTIME PPV - YouTube

At 39:49

"I have one more, it's important ... ok well I know that Joe Riggs has been calling you out, is he someone you've considered?"

"I don't know who the fuck that is"

"anyone who knows Anderson Silva definitely knows who Joe Riggs is, he's local, I think that would just be a perfect match up for you and I hope that's something you'll consider."
What

in the fuck.. ?

how does that chick have media privileges

Went exactly how i thought it would. Props to Jake Paul. Hes putting in the work and improving each fight. I wanted Silva to win but knew age would be a huge factor.
Next Jake Paul needs to box a legitimate boxer with a real record if he wants to be taken seriously.
let’s be honest though. compared to the typical boxing “prospect,” jake started off his career facing a murderers row. just look at tommy fury’s opponents, and he’s supposed to be a legitimate boxer. woodley and silva aren’t boxers by trade, but i reckon they would run through the slobs on tommy’s padded record.

i don’t think jake paul has it in him to become an elite boxer. he knows it, most people seem to understand this. so he doesn’t need to waste time proving anything by seeking out “legitimate boxers.” he’s doing the right thing by fighting famous mma fighters in the boxing ring.

Back