News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
Anthony Smith is for lack of a better word, pretty dumb.

And what I mean by that is that he's a surface level thinker. He doesn't think about the fact that people are getting huge paydays and attention in their retirement which translates to possibly more opportunities. He doesn't think about the fact that JP has always been a MMA fan since he was a child and that he talked about fighter pay ever since he started the whole celeb boxing. He doesn't think about the new young/old eyeballs that he brings to both boxing and MMA.

He only looks at the negatives, not the whole picture. And that is why he's a surface level thinker. Btw didn't they remove a bloodclot from his leg recently?

Last edited:
that's the most stupid thing i've ever heard, I know he's an mma fighter so he's half retard to boot, but to say he should fight someone on his own level if he wins.... who is to say they weren't on a similar level?

So basically boycott him until he loses?

Different sport.

Realistically someone who trains pure boxing that has some talent for a few years can surpass the boxing level of most of MMA

Most people don't grasp how big the gap Is between the two.

Apples and oranges tho. Throw wrestling, jiu jitsu, muay thai and everything else Into the mix and to be great at MMA is an entirely different animal.

I've said it for years though, Jake has genuine talent for boxing. He's capable of much more and has a higher ceiling than people realize. But people are just too emotionally dictated by polarizing figures and they're incapable of being rational, even In the chance that they have some boxing IQ to begin with.
Do you reckon that if Jake had gotten into the sport as a child like most do, that he'd be a pretty high level guy?

Not in boxing, there has never been someone who has won a legit boxing match with such a large gap. Foreman was close, but he was gifted with massive power. Speed, chin, reflexes, and timing start to slow down after 35. After 40 it's nearly impossible to hang with trained guys in their 20s, let alone 47. This fight went pretty much exactly as how I expected. I felt Silva was definitely more skilled against Jake, and had many opportunities when he had Jake's back against the ring. but he's never really been a power puncher and age and mileage have taken their toll. Happens to everyone.

Wrong. Bernard Hopkins beat Beibut Shumenov at age 49 to win a middleweight belt.

Why aren't pro boxers stepping up? Wheres Tyson, Roy Jones jr, let's see how they do. It seems like boxing's skill gap is tiny and you only need to be athletically gifted and young. Once you are old, the skill gap aint there to still win lmao. I've been saying it for years man. "the sweet science" yea right. Prove me wrong.
What makes you say that? There's way more examples in MMA of guys beginning training late and still becoming high level guys. That rarely happens in boxing

Jake Paul has been training for like 4 years, if he fought a boxer on "his level" it would be like a 15 year old
Anderson just handidly beat Chavez Jr just last year and Jake just beay Anderson. I think he can do a little better than a 15 year old. Hell i think he beats Tommy Fury or Hasim Rahman pretty easily and they're considered "real boxers" even though their combined opponents records are like 15-250 lmao

LOL
MMA fans are showing why they are the worst fans compared to any other sport.

He is not wrong in anything he said, but all haters in here rather shit in what he said than (gasp) listen.
It amazes me that all the above retards who shit on him calls themselves MMA fans, when all they do is shit on fighters for their opinions.

And what I mean by that is that he's a surface level thinker. He doesn't think about the fact that people are getting huge paydays and attention in their retirement which translates to possibly more opportunities. He doesn't think about the fact that JP has always been a MMA fan since he was a child and that he talked about fighter pay ever since he started the whole celeb boxing. He doesn't think about the new young/old eyeballs that he brings to both boxing and MMA.

He only looks at the negatives, not the whole picture. And that is why he's a surface level thinker. Btw didn't they remove a bloodclot from his leg recently?

Bro u such a deep level thinker

He thinks about the fact that anyone the UFC puts on their propaganda broadcasts with a mic in hand is a stooge for Dana and Endeavor.

Do you reckon that if Jake had gotten into the sport as a child like most do, that he'd be a pretty high level guy?
I dunno

Jake didn't really truly change and mature as a human until a few years ago. That could be a factor.

If he didn't pursue entertainment, youtube and just went balls deep Into boxing from when he was a kid, who knows.

He's got a lot of Innate ability, attributes and virtues that you see In great fighters, just obviously hasn't been developed over a lifetime.

There's too many variables to say anything for certain but It's entirely possible.

I disliked Jake Paul when he first came on the scene. I have to admit that the man has grown on me through time. He is basically.....a physically more talented version of us.....a combat sports fan who likes to have a troll. Any man who bugs Dana White is good as far as Im concerned. Long live the Paul brothers!

Back