• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Jake Paul vs Ben Askren Confirmed

Winner?

• Total voters
I wasn't talking about his career.

I'm talking about his upcoming fight with Jake and his complete despise for him as a fighter. Watch some of his interviews, he has zero respect for him what so ever. That's what I was referring to.
He's selling the fight. He'll talk trash. Jake will talk trash.

If he thought nothing of it, he wouldn't be getting with Duke to develop a training plan for the fight.

zangief.gif

Are you really a "pro-boxer" if you've never boxed another professional boxer... a guy who makes his living boxing?

That's like saying I'm a pro-carpenter because my grandma gave me $5 for the lamp I made in wood shop at 10 years old. Technically it's paid work, but I'm not sure it's an accurate representation of the facts.
He's never even boxed an amateur boxer.

Aw man what a load of shit, like the worst MMA striker ever gonna do so much disservice to the craft.. Literally anyone else would have sufficed in filling my confidence of smashing this kid.
200.gif

Come on Ben! prove me wrong.

If Amanda wasn’t ducking Jake, she would get it too.

K1 Askren gonna show this guy whoever he is how deadly his hands can truly be...

Ben about to get embarrassed and meme’d to death again, man really has no shame.

At least he’ll secure a nice pay day.

This is laughable at best but for the fk of it & in the name of the JBGods I PRAY Askren knocks this buffoon out cold lol

Lmaoo people are gonna be shocked when Ben outboxes him. Ben looks bad against top fighters but against Jake, hes gonna look like a striking prodigy
At the very least, it'll be a lot closer than people think. I could see Ben being able to impose his will, with his cardio and toughness, and be able to turn the fight into a sloppy brawl for 8 rounds.

You have to think Askren could improve if he is perma done with MMA/wrestling. He's a smart guy. His MO was to just wrestle in MMA and he can't do that here.
I'm sure he tried to train striking for MMA, he just clearly has no aptitude for it.

Wait, there are actually people picking Ben? Like, have any of you actually seen his stand up before lol. He also has no power, which isn't something you can say about Jake.

Jake picked him precisely so he could say he beat a pro fighter, or at worst if he does lose not get knocked out by one. And he turned down Bisping precisely so he could say he didn't get his ass kicked by one either.

Even though Askren has become the butt of jokes on Sherdog, I do hope Ben knocks this tool out

Jake Paul is lucky that there's no spinning backfist in boxing. Nate Robinson don't have this level of striking
YyslyNA.gif
Atrocious! <45>

As much as I dislike Jake Paul, he's selling it well. "Taking on UFC representative who's a real fighter". Then take him on in a real fight, Jake!

Back