Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m utterly certain that doesn’t happen.

Based on nothing more than the naked eye test, Tommy is many levels above. Moves much better, puts his punches together far better, defends far better.

Jake is still at the stage where he’s reacting to a guys feints while entirely out of punching range. He’s a novice boxer, it just so happens that novice boxing is enough to overcome a undersized UFC fighter in the ring.
Jake Paul was clearly the better boxer on their last card. Tommy looked worse than Jake against a worse opponent than Jake’s

He pulled out for a reason, Jake is a more skilled boxer and Tommy has fought worse competition

mma fans need ngannou in the worst way right now. why don’t y’all get ciryl gane in there? since he’s such a great striker? <Lmaoo>

i love canelo but jake probably made a fuckload more just off the fights, let alone the subsequent YT videos that will come from this
Jake was guaranteed $2m last Woodley fight.
Canelo was guaranteed $40m against Plant.
Dont be an idiot.

Riiiiight.

Or just the fact MMA guys can't fucking box and Jake... can.

Jake can’t really. Not at a decent level.

Fortunately you don’t need to be decent to beat a sizeable portion of UFC fighters

I'd go for Anderson but it seems like Jake's avoiding him like the plague even considering his age and all.

Because when Jake knocks Silva out cold you and everybody else will just say that he’s an undersized 50 year old.

Don't see many people talkjng about this. Obviously it's the payday, but he needs it more than most. He burned through all his monies like a stereotypical successful pro athlete.

I love how all these athletes blame other people for not teaching them how to not spend money. Its weak willed bullshit

Nates striking is meh and Jorge I mean I guess he could put up a good fight but when you get koed your last fight for the first time in 15 years not too good

Likely no one, for several reasons.
1) Jake keeps calling out fighters smaller than him
2) Jake keeps calling out fighters on the downside of their career, especially wrestlers
3) Boxing is a different sport than MMA. Someone training hard in boxing has a decided advantage over someone who trained in MMA.
4) If Jake wants a real fight, he needs to fight real boxers his own size.

Don't see many people talkjng about this. Obviously it's the payday, but he needs it more than most. He burned through all his monies like a stereotypical successful pro athlete.

He doesn't need it, he has a pretty successful rap career. Most people seem to think he will make more rapping than he ever did fighting.

The tatt was definitely worth it tbh.

Once upon a time Tyron Woodley said he was one of the very few UFC fighters who could compete at the top level in boxing lmaoooooo

And that speaks volumes about the level of delusion there is within the MMA world when it comes to boxing.

I’ve lost count of the number of posters here I’ve heard say boxing is easy to pickup, or basic.

Like, it’s the deepest combat sport in the world in terms of talent pool, with most elite boxers having started in their formative years, and been through an extensive amateur system before ever lacing up a pair of professional gloves. You can’t just dabble in it at a late stage and become competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back