Media Jamahal Hill declares himself the real LHW champion, not Alex Pereira

Hill's KO power is so overrated atm. There's no way OSP is still standing if Alex was unloading on him like this

giphy.gif

And there's no way Santo's is exchanging with Alex like this without going night night.

giphy.gif

Glover had a solid chin, but its his retirement fight at 43 years old we're talking about here. He should have gotten him out of there.

A scary hitter in Rumble (rip) or a volume striker in Gus both put a younger more robust Glover down. Only one fight prior Jiri put him away in a war.

Its fair to say Hill doesn't have an impressive strength of schedule and fell into a title shot without beating a single contender. Thiago Santos lost 4 of his last 5 when fighting Jamahal. Johnny Walker had lost 3 of his last 4. Jimmy Crute was coming off a loss and has an overall losing UFC record.

Hill was fighting on easy mode with that lineup.

The fight before that Paul @%@ Craig TKO'd Hill.

This will be the biggest test of Jamahal's career by a pretty wide margin. We've never seen him fight someone elite.
I agree with most of your post but to diminish that Glover win is some revionist history shit. "Should have gotten him outta there".

Fighting doesn't work that way. Nick Diaz should have got Penn outta there i guess.

But...he won it the same exact way, only beating a lesser opponent.

This dude is a complete moron.

This is going to be the easiest fight of Alex's life.

I'm an Alex fan and not too caring for Hill.
Reality is Hill is a large LHW with striking speed. Alex is still relatively new to this division.
This is one I feel Alex needs to break Hill down with near perfect defense and Hill is the one with a one shot KO strike away.
If Hill wins its no surprise but dude needs to shut the fuck up. I just care to see if he continues to improve or is the real future.
Watching Alex with the power and velocity that he puts on his punches, especially his hook, leads me to believe that he could easily flatline most LHW fighters. He's not some pillow fisted puncher at LHW. He has power that can easily carry over.

I'll take Alex's timing and precision over Hill's brute force.

Anything can happen, but Alex's career being at the highest level better prepares him for the fight. Being "new" in the division does not make him new to fighting. You don't lose experience switching weight divisions.

Proof that vacating the belt isn't the best idea they can make an interim if they want to why give up the belt willingly? to be honorable? lol fugg all that.

Santos, Walker OSP, Crute. None of those guys have chins. He didn’t finish glover
Yeah how long have you followed this game?

No embarrassement. Just.... Don't talk out of your ass.

And yes if your reply doesn't have an answer for my question (which i suspect won't) then i'd advise you to just simply be quiet kid.

If you relinquish m your belt, that’s factually incorrect.

Didn't Hill give up his belt which is the equivalent of the President stepping down and a new one coming in.

I agree with most of your post but to diminish that Glover win is some revionist history shit. "Should have gotten him outta there".

Glover was stopped by Jiri one fight prior. Glover was coming off a stoppage loss. He was 43 years old. This was Glover's retirement fight. Even half a decade earlier, Glover couldn't take the power of a hitter like Rumble or the boxing of Gus.

If you stack all that up, I think its pretty fair to admit Hill is lacking overall MMA ringmanship and didn't know how to close the show. He's also lacking experience against elite competition - he's almost exclusively fought middling guys coming off a string of losses.

Fighting doesn't work that way. Nick Diaz should have got Penn outta there i guess.

Fighting generally does work that way, and Nick couldn't finish Penn because only the absolute best of the best ever could. Penn wasn't 43 years old (or the lightweight equivalent) and famous for his chin. Up to that point, Penn had never been stopped at lightweight, and was only stopped twice at welterweight - TKO's to world champions who were the literal greatest fighters of their entire generation.

Nick was not in the class of prime Hughes and Georges. Penn would need to age out of the game even further for good not great fighters like Nick to stop him back then.

Back