Jamahal Hill Responds to Criticism of UFC 300 Headliner: 'It’s Crazy to Me'

I been in trouble before and I KNOW Someday I'll be in trouble again...​
giphy.gif

Conor vs Chandler
Jones vs Aspinall
Adesanya vs DDP or Khamzat

Those were the only realistic fights with enough name value to feel like proper main events for a milestone card like 300.
With those fighters being unavailable for April, I still think the UFC did a good job putting a great card together.

The guy is confusing the difference between a fun match up, and a hyped match up. Sorry hill but you’re just not a big name. You’re a fun fighter to watch, and technically are a former champion. But your name isn’t galvanized with star power. Alex is probably marquee enough to be considered a hype main event if he had the right dance partner given his meteoric ascent and 2 sport pedigree. Him vs izzy 3 at 205 for the belt and final leg of their rivalry would have been hype enough. But Alex va jamahal just isn’t. Still a fun ass fight, jut not a hype ass fight for what’s supposed to be a main event of a milestone card

Edit: it’s still a lot better than Tate vs nunes at 200 though lol

Last edited:
Its a good fight and it needs to happen for the division and makes sense. But he is blaming the fans too much, Dana White and Cormier and Anik and probably some other UFC staff that I can't think of right now were all saying UFC 300 will absoutley blow our minds and they will be shocked at what were working on.

They built up huge expectations with that, so you can't really blame the fans for having very high expectations. The fact that Hill himself said the fight was only put together 24 hours before UFC 298 tells us that it was not even in UFC's thinking and they had to scramble to come up with something.

Its a good fight and I think it will deliver and probably will end in a KO. But its not the fans fault, its UFC for building this main event announcement to be something the world has never ever seen before.
Absolutely spot on my friend, only Dana and the UFC staff are to blame for hyping it too much, Hill is just a victim in this situation.

Conor vs Chandler
Jones vs Aspinall

Those were the only realistic fights with enough name value to feel like proper main events for a milestone card like 300.
With those fighters being unavailable for April, I still think the UFC did a good job putting a great card together.
Saving them for UFC 400

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I’m ok with it, a banger for sure.

I guess nothing can compare to the thought of seeing Conor molly-whopped and humiliated, or Pedro Rizzo finally getting a chance to avenge his losses against Randy Couture, but hey, that’s life.

Hill was right in all that he said, except for the part where he inferred that Dana would not lie lololol.

Last edited:
I’m ok with it, a banger for sure.

I guess nothing can compare to the thought of seeing Conor molly-whopped and humiliated, or Pedro Rizzo finally getting a chance to avenge his losses against Randy Couture, but hey, that’s life.

Hill was right in all that he said, except for the part where he inferred that Dana would not lie lololol.

Alex might just kick that Achilles tendon real hard

He isn't wrong.
Anyone that would rather watch Canor fight instead of fucking Poatan who can't have a boring fight vs Hill, a striker that honorably vacated his belt instead of Jon Jonesing it needs to get their head checked.

Conor vs Chandler
Jones vs Aspinall

Conor v Chandler or Khamzat in a title fight are fights made for casuals. Pereira v Hill is of much more consequence.

Back