News James McSweeney retires from combat sports at 43-years-of-age

Fuck. We all knew this day was coming, but it still hurts. I hope the combat sports world can come back from this, but there will be a dark cloud for the next couple months for sure.

Younger than I thought as well . Would have enjoyed seeing him in his prime in the ufc a few heads ago

Who honestly gives a shit about James McSweeney's retiring? Why is this thread worthy

Seems like a heart felt retirement , may he have a good peaceful enjoyable retirement, fought for a long time and seems in great health both physically and mentally good on him, look forward to seeing if there's any prospect in the future from his gym..

Well done warrior, take a rest, you've earned it ..this life is hard

I know his buddy that passed away is probably proud of this day too, alot of these fighters stories dont end so well...its good to see some that leave in good spirits and health
Guys a skid mark

Always hated him cause TUF. Wonder if he really does suck or it was just TV magic

is that wes sims? man he was on everyone highlight reel when tim the maniac sylvia was the reigning ufc champ. everytime there was a HW fight you were almost cetain to see wes sims getting blasted in one of the competitors highlight reels.
This made me really laugh out loud hahha. So true. Every highlight reel had Wes Sims getting his ass kicked Lmaooo

Guy used to be an absolute horse's ass. Hope he's changed. Good luck to him in retirement.

The HW season of TUF was so fun. It's sad we haven't had many of them since.

Back