News James McSweeney retires from combat sports at 43-years-of-age

Seems like a heart felt retirement , may he have a good peaceful enjoyable retirement, fought for a long time and seems in great health both physically and mentally good on him, look forward to seeing if there's any prospect in the future from his gym..

Well done warrior, take a rest, you've earned it ..this life is hard

I know his buddy that passed away is probably proud of this day too, alot of these fighters stories dont end so well...its good to see some that leave in good spirits and health
Amen

The HW season of TUF was so fun. It's sad we haven't had many of them since.

One of the last seasons I watched/cared at all about, but in retrospect the talent it cultivated was pretty terrible.

It did give us the best comedian in the world though.

One of the last seasons I watched/cared at all about, but in retrospect the talent it cultivated was pretty terrible.

It did give us the best comedian in the world though.

Maybe the only one I watched and the one with Nam Phan was it GSP vs Kos. Heavyweight hits different.

Did he get any money for showing up to Glory when Hari cancelled the fight?

king of theRing is in shambles.​

It’s all good lol

I get to atleast say I told this story in cinematography for 13 years, and I was able to even do a gig with glory for him leading up to this fight. I was hoping they wouldn’t screw him because man I had the perfect story book ending for this one. They just dropped the ball and didn’t look at it from an actual storyline perspective and just wanted to milk what they can out of badr asap

Never liked the guy. Huge douche and bully.

Can't say I like him, seems like a negative person

From a western European, he seems like a "chavy british bloke" (how they describe themselves).
They're a pretty unlikable type of person.

He also doesn't look like he took care of himself. Athletics is meant to be the fountain of youth. 43 he could easily pass for 48.

That being said he made a career out of what he did, not very high profile but a difficult thing to do, in a sport that sometimes requires a nasty attitude.

From a western European, he seems like a "chavy british bloke" (how they describe themselves).
They're a pretty unlikable type of person.

He also doesn't look like he took care of himself. Athletics is meant to be the fountain of youth. 43 he could easily pass for 48.

That being said he made a career out of what he did, not very high profile but a difficult thing to do, in a sport that sometimes requires a nasty attitude.

His achivements ok. Solid. Not world moving but solid. Just aura like a thug. Or do you call that road man. Road man sounds too british, like something 20 year olds would describe themselves.

Met James in Phuket a few years back having a coffee lol.

To me he seems polite and pretty chilled and I wish him all the best

Back