Jamil Hill was being set up for a while just for this Kind of finish .

Rataria

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
THe match makers did everything they could to catapult Hill to the top . Now, Hill is a phenomenal fighter , dont get me wrong , but he did his job and was thus steered into the "championship slot", (couldnt sustain it, but thats two different threads) .

The longterm thinking match planners wanted this particular finish of a former champion in a title fighter getting completely ruined by a real one

Who is Jamil Hill?
----------

I thought this thread would be about Alex's left jab to the body, his slick move of stepping on Hills lead foot and his conditioning Hill to expect the jab and thus leave the opening for the hook..

Cause that shit was masterful.
Everybody knew the left hook was the punch and yet, like fucking clockwork, Alex set it up and laid it down.

Fam ain't nobody know what u Saiyan all due respect fam

I feel you on that one tho even tho u mainly wrong IMHO Sweet Dreams a real one bro just got caught widda quick left just like my yute Big Mac would throw back inna day when mans was scrappin' anyone hit snorin' on da way down fam swear down 👊💥😴💤💯🚫🧢🧢

Jamahill if you readin dis ting all good you get em next time fam 💯🗣️📠

Hill was "champ" so the fight made sense. Hill is pretty delusional but if he actually thought he could strike with him he shouldn't have fought so scared. My guess is he wanted the check from 300 so took that risk whether he was ready or not.

THe match makers did everything they could to catapult Hill to the top . Now, Hill is a phenomenal fighter , dont get me wrong , but he did his job and was thus steered into the "championship slot", (couldnt sustain it, but thats two different threads) .

The longterm thinking match planners wanted this particular finish of a former champion in a title fighter getting completely ruined by a real one
A humble Hill would have been nice, but, he took a gamble, saying he was going to KO him which lacked respect...If he won, everyone would have been praising hill..and Hill is in it to make money...followed the hype talk to make more, UFC promotes this. As a fan, I would rather see respect, but, the Hype is nice, someone has to lose big and thats the idea that sells...fall big or win big...yeah...people are too dumb to figure out if the hype train is real or not...obviously, allot of these guys are at the top and would beat most humans but...you know...there is a reason Joe Rogan can say whatever he wants as a commentator and why Hill has to trash talk, but...one thing I do respect about Dana...he does not play into the hands of taking their freedom to say what they want...freedom of speech should not just apply to fighters, but all Americans really...but...Hill was just doing his thing...he still has time, and Thank God maybe Alex wants to go to HW...sure the MW's were glad when he left..now...the LHW can bring out the red panties and say "He did it, he moved up, its party night"

Fam ain't nobody know what u Saiyan all due respect fam

I feel you on that one tho even tho u mainly wrong IMHO Sweet Dreams a real one bro just got caught widda quick left just like my yute Big Mac would throw back inna day when mans was scrappin' anyone hit snorin' on da way down fam swear down 👊💥😴💤💯🚫🧢🧢

Jamahill if you readin dis ting all good you get em next time fam 💯🗣️📠
Maybe I had a stroke or something, but this post was much harder to read than TS

I think the matchmakers will have been happy that they had a striker in situ to defend the belt against Pereira, obviously an elite striker, but one who struggled more against a Jan Blachowicz type.

So if that's what you meant, yeah, sure. I don't think it was in any way nefarious or planned, though.

Besides the finish, Hill was dominating the fight. He setting us his range and finding his distance. He looked strong, cardio was good, movement was fluid. If you ignore the ending, Hill was definitely winning.
Hill was putting it on Alex even more than Blaydes was tooling Aspinall!

Hill won the fight before the bell when he caught poatan's arrow and snapped it. Alex was shook.

Then herb dean made one of the greatest reffing blunders in MMA history.

#cheatednotdefeated

I think you're giving the match makers way too much credit. I doubt they look beyond 2 PPV events in to the future. They were scrambling to schedule 298 and 299 in such a panic, they ended up having a much harder time putting 300 together than they needed to. And the fights they ended up making, like the BMF fight and even Oliveira/Tsarukyan threw a wrench in the future of several fighters that could've avoided it. The only time they're really thinking beyond 6 months is when they're grooming a young up-and-comer like O'malley or Nickal, so the hype-trains can continue all the way in to a title shot.

Back