News Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night: Louisville on June 8

Who wins?

• Total voters
You have some really dumb opinions, quite a fucking lot. You mention Rob and Izzy, two guys that Jared lost to decisively, then act like he deserves another title shot based on everyone else's last fight.

Rob vs Khamzat - booked
DDP vs Izzy - targeted for UFC 305
Strickland - robbed by both DDP and Cannon, should get a rematch vs winner of DDP/Izzy

Sorry, but Jared is not a priority nowadays.
The idea that people's momentums are mostly based on their current streak and that title shots usually shouldn't go to people off a loss? What a unique and ridiculous brand of thinking I use. I must be the only person who imagines shit should work like that.

If you lose to someone, you fall behind them. If you continue to win afterwards and  they lose, then you can pass them. (If i haven't lost you yet, I can slow down, just let me know.) Ok, so..

He  did lose to Izzy. Then he beat 2 high rank guys and Izzy has 2 losses since, including his last fight. Again, I'll pause here so you can take a breath and get some oxygen to that.. well, let's call it a "brain."

You'll harp on "decisive" losses to Izzy and Rob, yet ignore that they weren't "robbed" of anything in their decisive losses. And speaking of robbing, think about this question for a second while trying not to overload yourself: If Sean was robbed by DDP, then who is the current champ? That's right. It's DDP. Because we don't change fight results based on our feelings. And that's why Jared has a win over him too. (Also, hilarious you refer to two 50-50 fights as "robberies and expect to be taken seriously).

Then you list current booked fights when the whole conversation started with where Jared was nearly a year ago and act like Jared's lack of marketability is reason enough against him in an argument that is where he  should be based on some sense of meritocracy. Did you miss that this revolved around the concept of 'should'? Are you incapable of that kind of thought or did you just forget to check your spectrum at the door?

The idea that people's momentums are mostly based on their current streak and that title shots usually shouldn't go to people off a loss? What a unique and ridiculous brand of thinking I use. I must be the only person who imagines shit should work like that.

If you lose to someone, you fall behind them. If you continue to win afterwards and  they lose, then you can pass them. (If i haven't lost you yet, I can slow down, just let me know.) Ok, so..

He  did lose to Izzy. Then he beat 2 high rank guys and Izzy has 2 losses since, including his last fight. Again, I'll pause here so you can take a breath and get some oxygen to that.. well, let's call it a "brain."

You'll harp on "decisive" losses to Izzy and Rob, yet ignore that they weren't "robbed" of anything in their decisive losses. And speaking of robbing, think about this question for a second while trying not to overload yourself: If Sean was robbed by DDP, then who is the current champ? That's right. It's DDP. Because we don't change fight results based on our feelings. And that's why Jared has a win over him too. (Also, hilarious you refer to two 50-50 fights as "robberies and expect to be taken seriously).

Then you list current booked fights when the whole conversation started with where Jared was nearly a year ago and act like Jared's lack of marketability is reason enough against him in an argument that is where he  should be based on some sense of meritocracy. Did you miss that this revolved around the concept of 'should'? Are you incapable of that kind of thought or did you just forget to check your spectrum at the door?

I just want you to know that I didn't read one fucking word of this. I'm pretty sure you were one of those "Erin Blanchfield Future Champ" fanboys that argued with me all last week. I'm also pretty sure that you're from New Jersey. That's enough of a reason for me to not take you seriously.

This is fucking stupid. He's got the best claim to a title shot at the weight class outside of Strickland getting an immediate rematch in a razor thin close decision, yet he's forced to take this fight to stay busy and cash a check. Thanks, Bald Goof, Hunter, Shelby and Maynard.
textbook garbage matchmaking

Well, Be glad. I work construction, roofing and siding. I lost a lot of jobs because corporations hired all mexicans to work for minimum wage ( $7.50 ) Company called " Masters"
I did home renos for about a 8 years and still work on projects for people if I have time. I decided to go for a salary job in IT instead, but I have a passion for building and Reno’s too. I worked with a gen con, so I did everything including roofing a few times, siding, additions, flooring, tiling you name it.

Pretty fucked you can get that shit done for 7.50 an hour. Where I live the minimum wage just got increased again, it’s insane. It’s like $17 dollars now, I used to risk my life for 15 an hour working in Reno’s with insulation, drywall dust and all these others factors that are terrible for long term health

Probably a UFN Apex headliner. Not fussed on either guy to be honest, Cannonier is the better fighter though.

I think Jared walks him down.

Imavov is skilled but dude lacks of power and does not like to take damage.

I think imavov has all the tools to beat cannonier, he just needs to pace himself

Not historically a fan of Cannonier, but man he's been doing very well for his age. He should take this one as well, and possibly fight for the title soon after.

I think he looked great last time out. Same level of performance and he wins clean imo.

I'm backing Cannonier. Don't see Imavov really holding too many advantages.

Cannonier is getting screwed so the UFC can try to milk the Adesanya/DDP hate. That sucks for Jared. At least he's getting a fight so he can get paid and not just wait around, however. He isn't getting any younger.

Any preferred opponent you wish they would have Cannonier face? He needs at least 1 if not 2 wins before getting another title shot & the UFC understandably would like to avoid giving him one lol. I would've preferred they did Cannonier/Chimaev instead of Whittaker/Chimaev.

I think he looked great last time out. Same level of performance and he wins clean imo.

I'm backing Cannonier. Don't see Imavov really holding too many advantages.
Cannonier doesn't look or fight like he's 39/40. He probably has 2-3 more years of fighting in him. Imavov is decent but i would definitely say a major step down from cannonier

So they went with this match up instead of Costa vs Imavov and Strickland vs Cannon II? yea, the UFC matchmaking is a pathetic joke. Jared is on a win streak, he shouldnt have to fight down in the rankings right now.

Imavovs striking and macro game is similar to Whittaker so this will be a tough match up for Canon. Shame cuz I think Cannonier would beat the brakes off the MW champ DDP, but he probably loses to Imavov.

Back