News JDM purchases home in Perth before decisive win at UFC299

Shameful that a top 15 welterweight can't even get a house in Applecross or Peppermint Grove, or even Hillarys for that matter!

My broke 9-5 ass has the same house value as his.
If he deserves it then Daddy Dana would give him that don't worry boy. Now he doesn't deserve shit

Yeah house is a shithole but she is fine!
Thats what I was thinking 560 k for that wow. Prices sure have skyrocketed since china infected the world with their virus. Wonder if he has to pay HOA fees too.

Jack’s done well for himself in more ways than one.

Yeah house is a shithole but she is fine!
The house looks perfectly fine. And he's been renting it for a while. Would hope that he wouldn't blow that much money on a shithole for his family.

Good for him - everyone should strive for home ownership. I live in Toronto - $560,000 will get you an 800 sqft condo. A house at that price does not exist in Toronto - maybe 8 years ago, but not now.

Perth has money coming out of its ass due to mining but it is extremely isolated and isn't a 'global city'. This keeps its housing market somewhat cool.

Housing prices in Sydney on the other hand are just as fucked, if not worse than, Toronto.

Weird that him buying a house is newsworthy and the story is more about the house than him or his fight.
Regardless, he's an awesome fighter, looking forward to his fight next weekend.

I don’t like those small backyards which is basically a strip of land between the patio and the fence line

Imagine letting the dog out and in two days your whole yard is full of shit already

him fighting is a thing of beauty, i'm a Della Maddalena's supporter since the first time i saw him in the cage: WAR PAISA'!

I'm happy for JDM. I don't like his odds against Burns, but if he wins, he deserves a major boost since Burns is about as tough as a style match up for JDM as there is at 170.

fuck man, forgot about this fight! gonna have to go w muh boy gilb on this one :cool:
I tend to agree -- I haven't liked what I've seen from JDM on the ground. He is dynamite on his feet though and can KO just anout anyone when he lands flush.

Likely a reflection of the boring nature of my home city, but this made the news here.​

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/hous...-leeming-home-ahead-of-miami-fight-c-13776300 (paywalled)

What I will say is that JDM is an awesome fighter and is ready to break into title contention with a win over Giblert Burns in a few weeks @ 299. WAR JDM. I believe he can keep it standing, avoid the grapplefuck, and KO burns late in the 3rd. JDM is an awesome fighter and well deserves the respect he is getting.

Article:​

House That! Pro MMA fighter Jack Della Maddalena purchases Leeming home ahead of Miami fight​

Pro MMA fighter Jack Della Maddalena will front the biggest fight of his life in Miami in a few weeks’ time, but he has already had a major win on the home front.

Pro MMA fighter Jack Della Maddalena will front the biggest fight of his life in Miami in a few weeks’ time, but he has already had a major win on the home front.
The world No.11 in the UFC welterweight division has recently beat the rental trap and become a first-time homeowner with wife Michelle.
The pair purchased a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Leeming for $560,000, after renting the property for some time.
It is hard to imagine Della Maddalena in the suburbs, given he is usually photographed inside the ring, often in glamourous places like Las Vegas and Miami.

But he occasionally shares a glimpse inside ‘Chez Della Maddalena’ with his 100,000 Instagram followers.
One image of him training next to his cream brick home and the garden’s tin fence, with a power line and gum tree in the background, prompted one fan to post: “Classic Perth lookin’ backyard.”
Della Maddalena has long been a south-of-the-river type, having previously attended nearby Aquinas College and trained at Willetton’s Scrappy MMA gym.

Jack and Michelle Della Maddalena.

Jack and Michelle Della Maddalena.

He has since risen to dizzying heights and is now regarded as one of the most exciting prospects in the entire UFC.
The biggest fight of his life is coming up on March 10, against World No.4 and former title contender Gilbert Burns in Florida.
If he wins, it will put him in the frame to fight welterweight champion Leon Edwards.

The world No.11 in the UFC welterweight division has recently beat the rental trap and become a first-time homeowner with wife Michelle.

The world No.11 in the UFC welterweight division has recently beat the rental trap and become a first-time homeowner with wife Michelle. Credit: supplied

The pair purchased a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Leeming for $560,000, after renting the property for some time.

He and his wife, who bought at the end of last year, are among the falling number of first home buyers in WA as entry-level buyers struggle with high interest rates.

It is hard to imagine Della Maddalena in the suburbs, given he is usually photographed inside the ring, often in glamourous places like Las Vegas and Miami.

It is hard to imagine Della Maddalena in the suburbs, given he is usually photographed inside the ring, often in glamourous places like Las Vegas and Miami. Credit: supplied

He and his wife, who bought at the end of last year, are among the falling number of first home buyers in WA as entry-level buyers struggle with high interest rates.
As a certified Shercorator, them curtains should be illegal

That's a very nice home, it doesn't need to be something big or exagerated buut 560K seems a lot, not sure how is the housing market over there but hopefully is in a good location.

Good for him - everyone should strive for home ownership. I live in Toronto - $560,000 will get you an 800 sqft condo. A house at that price does not exist in Toronto - maybe 8 years ago, but not now.
What about in Scarborough, Brampton or Mississauga? For a detached home (not town house), with a big yard?

I lived in Toronto in 2018, but had roommates (private room, shared bathroom and kitchen). I was on a working holiday so I never bothered looking at housing prices
The apartment was near cn tower. I was only paying $715 back then, I feel like that same room is now fetching over $1k.

What about in Scarborough, Brampton or Mississauga? For a detached home (not town house), with a big yard?

I lived in Toronto in 2018, but had roommates (private room, shared bathroom and kitchen). I was on a working holiday so I never bothered looking at housing prices
The apartment was near cn tower. I was only paying $715 back then, I feel like that same room is now fetching over $1k.

You can’t get a shitty house in a bad part of Scarborough, Brampton or Mississauga for less than $800,000. Check out prices on realtor.ca - you will be shocked. Avg detached house is $1,350,000. Avg semi-detached is $1,038,000. Avg townhouse is $964,000. Rent prices are also insane. It’s nuts.

Back