Jessica Eye parts ways with Strong Style ahead of potential UFC title shot

Not saying you're wrong, but name one person (in recent years, not chuck or matt hughes) who has been consistent and stayed to their words after winning a title. Everyone says the same thing before winning a title and changes ship afterward. It's a situation where hypocrisy is the norm.

Of course right now it is a second-hand rumor. If this is actually the case, then she deserves a boatload of shit. It is not like she will need a lot of prep time to win this one, although she will be careful in her camp.

Booty Kedzie.....
she only had ass after her fighting career was over. too bad people said she smells really bad becuase of some hormonal issues that makes her skin greasy, and gives her bad cystic acne on her back and chest.

Lol Julie Kedzie is not a very good striker. Shevchenko would toy with her.
From her technique she has very crisp striking, but she doesn't bring it in the fight, but she looks great in training. She has a Karate and kickboxing background but for some reason she has a mental fart in fights and checks out.

From her technique she has very crisp striking, but she doesn't bring it in the fight, but she looks great in training. She has a Karate and kickboxing background but for some reason she has a mental fart in fights and checks out.

Are you her sister?

Bro, they taught you the Tyson.

Ah shit.. thought title was "part ways with UFC" ..was thinking Good riddance

This will probably be the first time I've genuinely rooted for Valentina. Can we get Lauren Murphy, I mean Barb, on deck next?

I'm rooting for eye. She's underrated. Beats #2 an still no respect

lol, in some ways its probably good. they have no boxing coach to speak of, that al guy is a joke and all strong style fighters have the same defensive deficiencies. its why theyve all been rocked or dropped over their lead hand (garbrandt and stipe being the two main examples). also i dont think she had any good sparring partners in house except for some guys.

but at the same time, i dont see this improving her game much at all. she doesnt come off as a fighter with a high ceiling.
O.O

Did I just see @Final Say criticize Stipe?!?!

giphy.gif
WMMA >>> LHW

Between Eye not being very good and having no chance and Valentina's defensive style it's hard to imagine a more unappealing fight. The difference in speed and power and overall athleticism between the top few women in MMA and the rest of the roster is huge, Valentina and Eye don't like they belong in the same octagon.

Will be rooting for jess but I think she's in over her head here

Out of those 3 wins 2 were split decisions and I fast forwarded through all of them.
A #1 contender fight ok but a title shot?

Seems like a bad move to leave the team that got you to the top. Hendricks did the same thing, didn't work very well.

Hendricks has reputation for self-control issues and periodic laziness--Jess doesn't.

Dominent 125-lb. kickboxer who had made the transition to MMA, knocking off several notable opponents (including former champs)...Am I referring to Zoila or Valentina?

Jarl

Zoila Frausto was only 4-0 in kickboxing. How dare you compare her to Valentina?

Back