Jiri is...

Jiri is overrated af, a much bigger, less talented Gaethje, there, that's the thread. And if Izzy's anime shtick is corny than Jiri's samurai shtick is beyond corny af.

<JRSmith40>

• the kind of guy to train his body to continue fighting even after brain death.
  • able to keep going with negative HP.
  • the kind of fighter who not only weaponizes pace, but weaponizes getting knocked out and coming back as a tool to demoralize his opponent (just ask Reyes)
  • someone who would be honored to die in the ring
  • the type of fighter you let get mounted and pounded in the head several times to be absolutely sure he can't come back
For anyone else that stoppage may have been fine, but not for the modern day samurai.
I was convinced he was fine, his legs buckled, but the way he stood up right after the ref stopped it had me convinced. I saw no wobble in his feet or legs when he got up right away after the stoppage. JR and DC claimed to see it, but nothing showed me, the only reason I knew he was knocked out is Jiri admitted it, so that seals the deal but yeah I agree, his will power is something else.

He said he was fine with the ref's decision, but also would have liked the ref to let it go on longer. He's just being humble in defeat.
Yeah u will see a few posts down from the one you quoted my thoughts on this. Jiri a great guy.

Back