Media Jiri: "The stoppage was right, I was out"

Eh. He may have been being classy in defeat or he may have gotten flash KO'd. Hard to say.

Good on him for saying so.

I think he certainly showed he was competitive with Alex and I wouldnt say no to a rematch, maybe after Alex/Hill, maybe have Jiri fight the winner of Jan/Rakic?
UFC knows we want that fight again

UFC knows we want that fight again

I mean they could probably run it back right away but I think Hill is probably more likely then you have the other three guys in the mix.

I'm guessing Jiri's leg might not be suited to any fast turnaround rematch as well, that did potentially look like Alex did real damage rather than just pain.

Classic Rogan. Can't keep his opinions to himself during post-fight interviews.

To be clear: It's fair for everyone, including the commentators to have opinions about a stoppage. However, once you step inside the cage for an interview, you are in the fighters' realm. Give them respect, ask them what they think about the stoppage, don't make the moment about yourself.

OK OK lets get a do over,see how the guys are feeling tonight

Weasel maintains its an early stoppage

"I will never stop. If I die, my body will still work."

He's being humble and accepting the decision. Doesn't change that it was an early stoppage. He also claimed he was out during the Reyes fight. And we know how that fight went. He wasn't unconscious, he was rocked.

Jiri got dropped, tried to hold the legs but got elbowed until his hands went limp and he collapsed again, with Pereira landing in full mount. This is what the ref had to react to, in a split second.

If you think that refs should always wait to see a fighter take shots after going limp, you are not thinking this through.

Jiri is a classy guy who will never make excuses or complain. But I'm still pissed that Mackenzie fucking Dern gets dropped 4 times, was practically KO'd twice in the span of 1 min, and gets to have every chance possible and go out as a warrior but the ref immediately jumps in the second Jiri's back touches the ground.

Stoppage looked early, but Jiri didn't seem like he was coming back from that. Good for him for admitting he was done. Uncommon in these days.

That was for sure an early stoppage, very unsatisfying after the couple of earlier fights were stopped pretty appropriately when Pavlovich and Dern were badly hurt and legitimately TKOd.

Makes you kind of wonder how is Pavlovich declared a KO while Dern and Jiri as TKO? Like what is the literal criteria? They are all somewhat similar stoppages, nobody was literally unconscious when the fight was stopped.

Either way. Total shit from Goddard. ruined what would have been a 10/10 main card.

I think once he fell on his back he was going to be able to hold onto Alex enough time to recover.

I don't get the talk from the commentary team saying 'I'd have let him take a few more shots' - why?

He was already out, as he himself says, and he had Peirera on top of him in full mount. What exactly are you going to do from bottom position there other than have your head bounced off the canvas a few more times before it gets called?

Jiri is a classy guy who will never make excuses or complain. But I'm still pissed that Mackenzie fucking Dern gets dropped 4 times, was practically KO'd twice in the span of 1 min, and gets to have every chance possible and go out as a warrior but the ref immediately jumps in the second Jiri's back touches the ground.
Andrade is a little tank for a female but the consequences of getting clipped by her versus having Alex in mount launching elbows into your skull are different. That guy is built to do lasting damage to the human body.

Back