Joanna's Loss Statement

So much props to Joanna. She put on an absolutely excellent fight, and showed us real heart. I'm still blown away by the fight.

Wow - I hope this is genuine on JJs end.
I like the adage - seasons change, people dont. I'm proud of people that can prove that a fallacy.

Forced self motivating message post detected

Joanna you will learn to lighten the load of failure on your conscience once you embrace the fact that you aren't as good as you think you are as a fighter nor as a person. Embrace the bitch inside you, come on.

Let it go, let it go. You will feel relief once you stop projecting what a strong woman you are. Womanlet síndrome.
Based on accomplishments and competition, she's still arguably the best female fighter in UFC history (or a close second behind Nunes). Anyone trying to rub salt on her wounds from behind a computer is just being a petty child.

I'm not gonna pretend like I'm not laughing at some of the comments. That said, I hope you guys appreciate that she put on a show for us and fought like a warrior. Her and Zhang fought like hell and I respect both of them so much. They saved the day from that dumpster fire of a main event.

<{jackyeah}>
Forced self motivating message post detected

Joanna you will learn to lighten the load of failure on your conscience once you embrace the fact that you aren't as good as you think you are as a fighter nor as a person. Embrace the bitch inside you, come on.

Let it go, let it go. You will feel relief once you stop projecting what a strong woman you are. Womanlet síndrome.

Hespect, she owned up to the loss without excuses, I cannot hate on that
<5>
Unfortunately Her Time has Passed, She was and still is the greatest Champ@115 in UFC History

But the reality is MMA is an unforgiving sport
<Fedor23>
War Joanna Gatekeeper
<6>

I’ll have to disagree with you both.
Admit to losing would only benefit her of she’s settling into the gatekeeper role.
In a sport as grueling as fighting, that humble mindset that is essential to normal professions will only lead to losses.
Almost every great champion from MMA to boxing is somewhat arrogant and even delusional, most of them only get it real after losing.
Before someone points out Fedor or GSP, GSP once was confident, then he lost to Hughes. And when he got his confidence back he lost to Serra, and in that moment he learned about his mortality and was never the same again.
Fedor’s expression during his unbeaten reign was quite different than it is now, and most of us never even knew what he really said at that time, because every translator changes what the fighters originally say, which brings situations like Joanna’s for example, who started to sound like a whole different person once we started to hear from her directly instead of the filter of her manager/ translator.

Well it sounds like she’s finally able to admit to losing. That’s a small step on the right path.

WOOOOOOW.....

Somebody beat this woman some more! I swear that a good humbling and ass-kicking makes her into an appreciative sweetheart!

If she were always getting her ass kicked and saying sweet things I'd root for he a lot more.

Weili gave the world the best Joanna yet.

Thanks Weili!!!

Is this a metaphor that her face looks like as if she had put it through the blades?

Regardless of your opinion on JJ, is must watch TV and is always in an exciting fight.

I'm not gonna pretend like I'm not laughing at some of the comments. That said, I hope you guys appreciate that she put on a show for us and fought like a warrior. Her and Zhang fought like hell and I respect both of them so much. They saved the day from that dumpster fire of a main event.
damn straight. great close fight!

I love JJ.

I'm fine with mean jokes but these are kind of uncreative.

To me boring jokes are what offends me not the actual jokes. wasting my time reading peoples shitty wit.

I’ll have to disagree with you both.
Admit to losing would only benefit her of she’s settling into the gatekeeper role.
In a sport as grueling as fighting, that humble mindset that is essential to normal professions will only lead to losses.
Almost every great champion from MMA to boxing is somewhat arrogant and even delusional, most of them only get it real after losing.
Before someone points out Fedor or GSP, GSP once was confident, then he lost to Hughes. And when he got his confidence back he lost to Serra, and in that moment he learned about his mortality and was never the same again.
Fedor’s expression during his unbeaten reign was quite different than it is now, and most of us never even knew what he really said at that time, because every translator changes what the fighters originally say, which brings situations like Joanna’s for example, who started to sound like a whole different person once we started to hear from her directly instead of the filter of her manager/ translator.

I hear you but I def like this sweet, humble, ass kicked Joanna who admits she lost and can appreciate life.

And you're right that her learning to speak directly didn't improve her image one bit as she became insufferable. Anyway, ass kickings seem to be her path forward to humanity. So in a way we're agreeing I think....

wtf is she trying to do in that picture? did she seriously think that would look cool?

wtf is she trying to do in that picture? did she seriously think that would look cool?

thats what women do bro. they are cringe by nature. if they are hot enough we will convince ourselves it was cool.

War JJ. should've gotten the win. judging is suspect

Back