Media Joe Rogan "Ilia Topuria REJECTED Fight Offer Against Alexander Volkanovski At UFC 305: Perth"

Who is he gonna fight again? Max? Volk Rematch or Ortega?

On one hand, a newly minted champ shouldn't be rejecting a legit fight. On the other hand, why should Ilia fight a guy he just put to sleep on his turf in front of a hostile crowd?

But I think it's fair to say a title fight against Max or another top contender like Ortega would be more interesting than an immediate rematch the UFC seems to love these days

On one hand, a newly minted champ shouldn't be rejecting a legit fight. On the other hand, why should Ilia fight a guy he just put to sleep on his turf in front of a hostile crowd?

I guess Volk deserves a rematch, probably the GOAT FW coming off his first loss. Seems like a great chance for Topuria to make some dough and defend his belt to me

Who is he gonna fight again? Max? Volk Rematch or Ortega?

As Max said, at this point himself.

Why wouldn't you take Volk in Australia? You get to go to his home town, catch him still possibly compromised from the recent KO and with a second win, you take his entire legacy.
Instead Ilia will try and hold out for something that will not happen for ages and not defend his belt for ages.I think you have to give it to Max at this point if he wants it, but Ilia doesn't seem to want anyone.

As Max said, at this point himself.

Why wouldn't you take Volk in Australia? You get to go to his home town, catch him still possibly compromised from the recent KO and with a second win, you take his entire legacy.
Instead Ilia will try and hold out for something that will not happen for ages and not defend his belt for ages.I think you have to give it to Max at this point if he wants it, but Ilia doesn't seem to want anyone.
I think being champ is new to Topuria, and you will most likely see him settle down in the coming months. He is kind of tyrannical now but he doesn’t know how to be champ yet. Give him time, I say.

Why would you fight someone you just KOed makes no sense for Ilia.
Good, no one deserves a title rematch after getting slept
I guess Volk deserves a rematch, probably the GOAT FW coming off his first loss. Seems like a great chance for Topuria to make some dough and defend his belt to me
I also think it's because Max keeps insisting on Joe Rogan and interviews Volk deserves a rematch since he's been undefeated at featherweight for so long.

But since this is rejected, it's almost certain he's not fighting Volk which means its either Max(which 100% should be) or Ortega at the sphere.

Last edited:
I think being champ is new to Topuria, and you will most likely see him settle down in the coming months. He is kind of tyrannical now but he doesn’t know how to be champ yet. Give him time, I say.
Let's be honest, I generally think he realises that he skipped most of the division and doesn't know if he is the best because of it. He has Bryce Mitchell, Emmett and Volk, which shows he is well rounded atleast and could be great. If he wanted legacy he would be taking either this fight or calling hard for Max, but that KO of Gaethje has him realising that Max may be his downfall.
Someone should definitely get him off social media, he kinda reminds me of Pettis crossed with Mcgregor and I think a Pettis like fall is what we will get from him, with Mcgregor shades of delusion on social media during those wine based weightcuts.

But I think it's fair to say a title fight against Max or another top contender like Ortega would be more interesting than an immediate rematch the UFC seems to love these days
California isn't exactly volks turf...

champions don't want to fight in their opponents' home and I don't blame him.

Good to see he is being true to keeping his word. I hope he lets us know when someone is worthy enough to fight him.

Max seems the money fight or rematch Volk. Ortega should beat Max or Volk. Do not see Ortega ahead but if the other 2 not willing to face Topuria in Spain if that was even feasible then sympathize with the timing location aspect. Otherwise Max or Volk

Right now, Topuria is clearly beefing with Holloway and it's the time to make that bout. Rematching Volk in Australia is just not the right call by the UFC. Glad he turned it down.

However, Topuria better not get caught up in the business of being picky with his fights. He's got to prove himself against lots of tough challenges still.

Back