Media Joe Rogan "Ilia Topuria REJECTED Fight Offer Against Alexander Volkanovski At UFC 305: Perth"

Listen, Volk is one of my all-time favorite fighters and I respect the hell out of him, and it's easy to argue that after everything he's done at 145 and how the UFC has been handing out instant rematches over the years, Volk is the dude that legitimately deserves one. That being said, I'm still going to be happy if it doesn't happen.

Instant rematches are getting really fucking old, and with Max putting on a masterclass of a performance against Gaethje, Ilia vs Max has to be the next fight to make.

Also, wouldn't hurt Volk to either give his brain and body a good rest, or taking a fight against a less dangerous opponent than Ilia in the meanwhile to keep himself busy and to possibly get his momentum back. Coming off of two rough KO losses in a row and then fighting Ilia again is not a joke, nor do I think it's a good idea for him.

California isn't exactly volks turf...
When did Perth Australia become part of California?

"Where will the UFC 305 be held?"

Perth

UFC, together with the Western Australian Government, today announced a multiyear partnership in which UFC will return to Perth with two blockbuster events starting with UFC 305 at RAC Arena on Sunday, August 18.Mar 27, 2024

Good. It's time for the pointless rematches to stop. Give others a chance at greatness in the division. Let's see stylistic matchups. The UFC needs to keep Volk and IMO Max away from any FW title shots for now. Max is too valuable for them to instantly serve to Topuria. Keep the Max train going forward with a BMF defense against Canner Macs. Then you can do a Topuria shot or LW title shot. Volk needs way more time off. ortega, yair, emmet.

Good. No immediate rematch. Tired of that crap.

Agree.

What we need instead is more fights like Izzy vs DDP, where instead of getting an immediate rematch, we get the guy who got destroyed by the guy we didn't give the rematch to and then just sat out waiting for another free shot.

I didn’t realize legacy bullies were a thing
<DCrying>
Haha Leon Edwards to Usman. Usman was 1 win off breaking the win streak record. Leon even has a loss to him and the first fight was a come from behind KO. People have now written off Usman because of his 2 back to back losses and forget how often he was defending.

champions don't want to fight in their opponents' home and I don't blame him.
You know how far Perth is from Volk's home? It's like saying no one wants to fight a New Yorker in LA because that's their home turf lol.

I'm of the belief these rubber matches for titles are a joke period. I also think Topuria shouldn't have the right to turn down any fights being he just won the belt. A real champ would take on anyone at any reasonable time since you will have to fight them all regardless.

He can pick and choose, although Max Holloway might be the only (out of the few) available options for him if he decides to move up for a fight.

Poirier vs Topuria would be an absolute banger as well as a Fiziev fight

It's a dumb rematch but the champion shouldn't have any say in who he fights.

Imagine other sports with people/teams geting to pick their opponent.

I think being champ is new to Topuria, and you will most likely see him settle down in the coming months. He is kind of tyrannical now but he doesn’t know how to be champ yet. Give him time, I say.
What championships did Max/Volk have before winning UFC gold that prevented them from being absolute chuds once they held the belt?

Been 2 and a half months, didn't suffer any injury and isn't signing any fights? Defend or vacate.

Back