John Fury v Carl Froch

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Obviously not serious, but Froch commented on Tyson Fury and John decided to do a social media post calling him a shitbag....

You can say what you like about Froch, but a shitbag he is certainly not

I would love this to happen though, a shitty HW journeyman turned bigmouth getting absolutely battered by someone half his weight

Froch is going to fucking batter him when they bump into each other...cant wait for the video to emerge

Seems triggered about Froch telling how it is.

John Fury wants to taste canvas against like he did against Akinwande, KO'd stiff lol.

i dont even care if its Froch at this point, i would just like to see John Fury get fucking battered, he has way too much to say and cant actually fight
He'll be 60 in May. John seems to be living vicariously through his son Tyson's accomplishments. It's sad. Froch will snap him out of it.

Tyson Fury might need John to carry on like this if Tyson himself wasn't able to talk and promote a fight, but he can. I wonder what he thinks of the shit his old man dribbles?

Tyson Fury might need John to carry on like this if Tyson himself wasn't able to talk and promote a fight, but he can. I wonder what he thinks of the shit his old man dribbles?
I don't think Tyson has any real say in it. John is the patriarch of the Fury family. He calls the shots. This was evident when he accepted the 'all or nothing' bet with Jake. Tommy just went along with it.

I don't think Tyson has any real say in it. John is the patriarch of the Fury family. He calls the shots. This was evident when he accepted the 'all or nothing' bet with Jake. Tommy just went along with it.
No way someone as self-absorbed as Tyson accepts John as the patriarch. They probably both think they are the center of the universe.

No way someone as self-absorbed as Tyson accepts John as the patriarch. They probably both think they are the center of the universe.
It isn't up to Tyson and whether he considers him as the patriarch of their family. He is by definition. The man is his daddy.

It isn't up to Tyson and whether he considers him as the patriarch of their family. He is by definition. The man is his daddy.
Patriarch doesn't just mean father, it needs to be the *head* of the family. I don't think Tyson considers anyone but himself to be head of *his* family. He calls himself the King and named all of his sons Prince. He likely thinks his daddy was a cool guy but Tyson rose above him.

Froch is going to fucking batter him when they bump into each other...cant wait for the video to emerge
Froch is too controlled and knows that prick would probably sue him. He’ll just take the piss, but it JF throws the first punch it’s all over.

Froch would destroy John, he was never elite.

Pop's biggest claim to fame was gouging out a man's eye, not his boxing.

Son Tyson stays in line, wanting to keep both eyes in his head.​

Patriarch doesn't just mean father, it needs to be the *head* of the family. I don't think Tyson considers anyone but himself to be head of *his* family. He calls himself the King and named all of his sons Prince. He likely thinks his daddy was a cool guy but Tyson rose above him.
The term patriarchy is used both in anthropology to describe a family or clan controlled by the father or eldest male or group of males
The word is derived from Greek πατριάρχης (patriarchēs),[2] meaning "chief or father of a family",[3] a compound of πατριά (patria),[4] meaning "family", and ἄρχειν (archein),[5] meaning "to rule".[3][6][7][8]

The bible also agrees. It can occasionally mean the eldest male of the family which John Fury is. He has a brother named Peter that's younger. What Tyson thinks is irrelevant. As I said before, the title doesn't even apply to him.

The bible also agrees. It can occasionally mean the eldest male of the family which John Fury is. He has a brother named Peter that's younger. What Tyson thinks is irrelevant. As I said before, the title doesn't even apply to him.
Note the keywords "control" and "to rule" in the definitions you quote. It's not just the eldest male.

Note the keywords "control" and "to rule" in the definitions you quote. It's not just the eldest male.
Which is what fathers do inside their households. They're also the disciplinarians when their kids are younger. The word has had the same meaning since it was first written/spoken. All you have to do is check its etymology.
The patriarchs (Hebrew: אבות‎ ʾAvot, "fathers") of the Bible, when narrowly defined, are Abraham, his son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob, also named Israel, the ancestor of the Israelites.
Patriarchs (Bible)

Which is what fathers do inside their households. They're also the disciplinarians when their kids are younger. The word has had the same meaning since it was first written/spoken. All you have to do is check its etymology.

Patriarchs (Bible)
But Tyson is not a child anymore, he's not part of John's household and doesn't get ordered or disciplined by John.

The term patriarch (outside special cases like the bible or religion) generally applies to men who exercise control beyond parenting of little children, people who exert a great influence over their descendants and extended family even after the children grow up. Or founders of a dynasty (literally or figuratively). For example, Cornelius Vanderbilt is considered the patriarch of the Vanderbilt family, his father is not.

I'm sure John Fury would call himself the founder of the Fury "boxing dynasty" but I also bet Tyson thinks he surpassed his father through his own talent and that he is the main character.

But Tyson is not a child anymore, he's not part of John's household and doesn't get ordered or disciplined by John.

The term patriarch (outside special cases like the bible or religion) generally applies to men who exercise control beyond parenting of little children, people who exert a great influence over their descendants and extended family even after the children grow up. Or founders of a dynasty (literally or figuratively). For example, Cornelius Vanderbilt is considered the patriarch of the Vanderbilt family, his father is not.

I'm sure John Fury would call himself the founder of the Fury "boxing dynasty" but I also bet Tyson thinks he surpassed his father through his own talent and that he is the main character.
Tyson may've left the household and started his own family but John would remain the patriarch of their family. John wouldn't lose the title until death. All of this goes back to biblical times. It's the same on the maternal side. The mother, or occasionally the eldest female of a family, is the matriarch. Tyson will never have seniority in his family. Why? He's not the most senior member and he's the offspring of the man that is, John.

Back